Taking a break..................

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was so looking forward to last night's game with Tom, I was really hyped for it. When it came, Im afraid i was like a deer caught in the headlights, I basically played scared, for whatever reasons, br, quality of competition, lack of confidence, etc, and exited early.
Anyway, I've been off sick the last week(minor surgery on back, nothing major) and realised that Ive been really overdoing it with the poker, to the point that it's become quantity, and not quality, so Ive decided to take a break from it all for a short while.
I've got another week off this week, the sun is shining, and I live in one of the most beautiful places in england, right on the south coast, so I'm gonna tear myself away from this damn computer(will be hard) , and get out and get some fresh air.
I'm going on a natural diet for 10 days from tomorrow, ie all fresh food,nothing processed, seeds/nuts/fruit/veg/etc and lots of water and herbal tea, and I'm gonna do my hardest to give up smoking this week.
My mountain bike is ready, gonna charge up my didgy camera, and the golf course is beckoning at some point.
The plan for later today is a walk along the coast from Torquay to brixham(a slow walk of 4 hours) and maybe a swim in the sea as well.

A break of a week doesnt seem much, but at the moment it's a hell of a lot!
see you soon,
KD

pokerrqueenn

pokerrqueenn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kd i hope you enjoy your time off and come back refreshed and feeling better

crockofdoom

crockofdoom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Enjoy your time away from the tables.
'Maybe a swim in the sea as well.' ARE YOU MAD,IT WILL BE BALTIC :eek: lol.

lilybo

lilybo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sounds lovely enough to break me from my comp, enjoy :):):):)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Enjoy your break and have a nice quiet and steady week :)

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good decision imo , something like this always helps, when you come back, you'll be glad you did!

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like a exellent plan, enjoy your time off and come back stronger.

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Enjoy your week off KD, gl with the non smoking part, seems like you have things to do to keep you busy:)

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I 'quit' smoking back in January because I was smoking too much. The way I have done it is that I can smoke when ever I feel like it about a month after detox.

It was all going fine for about 5 months, where I only had one drag to remind me how bad smoking is (and it was damn bad), but since the summer has started I have felt like a smoke a few times. This lead to me buying cigarettes, but I obviously seem to be smoking more than I have really wanted to, so I think I will give my cigarettes to someone who will dispense them when I really do feel like a cigarette.

I guess most of the smoking where we really don't get anything out of it is just our routine.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dog, jus listening to your plan makes me relax. Tomorrow is gardening for me, and do some work for a change, rather than push chips around.

A change is better than a rest! Have fun!

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Enjoy KD, and I am in Scotland and the sun is shining, its great!

ryaned

ryaned

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't know you K-Dog but best of luck in break, diet clean up, smoking...you can do it

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sounds like a great plan KD :) hope it all works out right :)
good luck and see you in a week :)

smokin-aces

smokin-aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I 'quit' smoking back in January because I was smoking too much. The way I have done it is that I can smoke when ever I feel like it about a month after detox.

It was all going fine for about 5 months, where I only had one drag to remind me how bad smoking is (and it was damn bad), but since the summer has started I have felt like a smoke a few times. This lead to me buying cigarettes, but I obviously seem to be smoking more than I have really wanted to, so I think I will give my cigarettes to someone who will dispense them when I really do feel like a cigarette.

I guess most of the smoking where we really don't get anything out of it is just our routine.

cigarettes= government feeding you poison
give it up man, worst habit to have, what if one day you win millions only to find out you have lung cancer two weeks later? even marijuana isnt 1/4 as bad for you as cigarettes are.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, nice break(although I did play the odd game here and there!), lots of walking, not much swimming, and as it's a bank holiday weekend here naturally it's raining, guess it's back to poker today............

S

sliver101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good luck with the no smoking wasnt the cigs i missed so much as the beer i gave up to make stopping easier