My take on bluffing

cese1962

cese1962

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't bluff just to get a taste of bluffing

Many beginners understand that bluffing is part of the game, but do not know how. There is NO rule saying that you must bluff so often during a poker game, but many players don't feel they have won until they have bluffed. Bluffing only works in certain situations and against certain players, and if you know you will be called, it is impossible to bluff. It is better to never bluff than to bluff just for bluffing.

Last edited by a moderator:
BustyBusters

BustyBusters

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only bluff when I sense weakness or i bluff and the only way to win is to bluff some more haha

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. I think a bluff is also an important skill in NL Holdem. It's just funny to face sometimes with wrong, I mean inapropriate one, especially pre-flop. Then it doesn't look an Art. GL.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is best not to bluff at all, as any player can open up and reach all-in

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone! I consider bluffing in poker an integral part of the game, another question is with whom and how to bluff, because making a check in a strong position is also a bluff. Best regards, Sergei

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It always seemed to me that you can only bluff in a non-experienced player.Well, or get into a situation where you are the chip leader and all the cards are for you.In my case, my bluff is 50/50.

kisjanik24

kisjanik24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

I don't think you should bluff only if you don't raise, you see this badly, yes you can raise on the raise by bluffing, because you can bluff, especially if you feel like you're sitting at the table for the most beautiful bluff on the bluffer !!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

Many beginners understand that bluffing is part of the game, but do not know how. There is NO rule saying that you must bluff so often during a poker game, but many players don't feel they have won until they have bluffed. Bluffing only works in certain situations and against certain players, and if you know you will be called, it is impossible to bluff. It is better to never bluff than to bluff just for bluffing.

Atleast i know now what to do whenever i see you playing whatever game :cool:

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly, I like a little bluffing to keep in the game till I either get lucky or bust.

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Excellent explanation of the bluff.
I agree with just about everything.
The bluff needs to be used very well to be successful, and to have a good one.
I believe that only experienced players know how to use the bluff efficiently.
And apart from that, it is necessary to choose the phase of the game and against which player should be used.

G

Gallego1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bluff is part of the game, you have to know when to lift it out

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bluff will always depend on the game situation, the hand that is being played and against what types of players we are facing, such as: passive, aggressive or maniacal players of which the cold payers are, this type of player is that we should not bluff too often since they will call their bets almost always and they will make us lose money.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hero calls, hero fold.... and hards bluf... poker is fun

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The art of bluffing. it is part of the game, and done correctly, will leave your opponents guessing. Of course i would rather have them guessing i have a monster as to not be called, i think as long as you dont risk all your chips, bluffing does add to your game and to your stack. bluff too many times and they will figure you out. So be careful!

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to make sure my bluffs make sense. Would it make sense from the other players' perspective that I have a big hand here? Perfect example is the 1/3 flop C bet with an ace on the board. A raiser is going to have an ace far more often than someone calling a raise.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You can bluff good players but you can’t bluff a bad player! They don’t know they should fold!

T_Dawg

T_Dawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do it rarely and know when to back down

HeshamTwix

HeshamTwix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
EG
Chips
I never bluff i think play smartely with a pairs or two is better than bluffing and raising for no reason.

A

atyagi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Bluffing is more art than science but you need to find favorable situations such as scare cards, perceived range and villains propensity to call vs fold

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Break-even point (TB%)

Even if you are not a fan of poker math, the break-even point is the easiest topic to understand. Simply put, the breakeven point lets you know how often you need to fold with your opponent, given the size of your bet, to make your bluff profitable. Formula TB%:

TB% = $ RISK / ($ RISK + $ REWARD)

where $ RISK is your bet and $ REWARD is the pot size. To make your life easier, I'll give you 3 default TB% values ​​for the most common bet sizes to remember and use at the tables:
If you bet 1/2 pot, TB% = 33%
If you bet 2/3 of the pot, TB% = 40%.
If you bet 1x pot, TB% = 50%
(Easy to check. For example, you bet 1/2 pot ($ 40 in a $ 80 pot). Using the formula, we get: 40 / (40 + 80) = 33%. It's easy!).
All these numbers mean that if your opponent folds less than TB%, then your bluff will be an instant losing, and if more often - an instant win from a distance, even if you are bluffing on absolutely trash cards.

L

livyst123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff when you sense they either have nothing or you are mining a card on the turn or river. Sometimes you can bluff with absolutely nothing but usually you wanna do it when there is information or outs or else you will just be hard gambling.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I absolutely agree with you. I think that bluff is an integral part of the game, but only for experienced players. If experience or skill is not enough, then it is better not to bluff.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with your opinion. But bluffing is an integral part of poker. In my game, there is no pure bluff, even a small percentage exists for the combination to grow.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I bluff very rarely and only against those opponents I already know. I also believe that bluffing requires skills and experience, so it is best for beginners not to bluff at all.