Superstitious

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have any good luck tokens with you when you play. Do you believe that some days or times are more favourable for you. Do you believe that if certain high cards were in the last community cards, that they will not show in the next flop.
Man, how I'd love to have you at my table.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It is silly being superstitious, the poker gods are gonna have their way with you & there is nothing you can do about it.

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not superstitious, but I believe and know that there are times when the card comes and when it doesn't..especially poker stars ..last week I pulled up three tournaments in a row (MTT), reached the final. After that, I fly out in the stupidest moments, no matter what I do.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are people who have lucky objects, but I do not believe that much. But I believe in days that you should not play, not because it's a bad day but im not being willing, with head, tired and etc ...

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the poker player or more so , gamblers in general are some of the most superstitious humans out there I haven't seen some yet that don't have some sort of lucky talisman of some weird superstition yet.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gr34tWh1t3 I think I'd go along with what you said.

zippaya

zippaya

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, I am not superstitious, cause it would literally mean that whatever we learn and achieve in life is not our accomplishment, but has something to do with forces above (whatever these may be). When I play, I tend to be focused, relaxed, listen to some quality music and I leave it up to the game!

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Superstitions have no place in poker.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think that an object or certain things make us win. I take them more as distinctive objects of some players.

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
superstition is nonsense. But everyone needs faith in anything!)

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I do not think there 's anything that, or good luck charms or superstitions in poker there are slumps, and variance.
The only way to avoid losing a lot of money, is when to stop playing're going through a rough patch, or demote, which usually playing.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh yes, I am superstitious. I have several times to follow my intuition with trash cards and the plupard of the temp is working. For example on the last two frerrolls that I played twice I lost with the same hand KQ. so for my next tournaments I would be much more careful and vigilant with this hand.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
although I always play with my talisman (cordão con São Jorge), I think fortune is 90% of an online poker game, in live poker, you can show more your ability to play until predicting what your advesario will do

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have an amulet in the form of playing chips, but I cannot say whether it helps me or not, or I myself win in the game with my skills, but in every game he is present with me near the computer!

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the past, yes... But since it never helped me I just gave up :rolleyes:

AlexDriver

AlexDriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not superstitious and have no amulets. It is unlikely that the amulet will help to avoid the bad beats...

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I believe that in order for a day to be good for playing poker, I need to feel good, and not be distracted by other thoughts and deeds. Eat before the game and do not want to sleep.

johnbartel12

johnbartel12

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so....

good nutritioun and rest and good confidence are a necessity when playing poker. i feel if i dont get those i wont play well so i guess thats my supersitions in a way

DanyDGD

DanyDGD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
!f there are days that I feel lucky but others with very bad rivers!!!!

X

xRanieri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only when I play Live, I wear a pokerstars watch. It's mostly to brag to other people that I have it. But I'm very scientifically and mathematically orientated, and don't believe in anything but probability.

I could be proven wrong. We can test this theory quite easily. If your lucky object is a rock, for example, play 2 million hands with it, and look at the frequencies of being dealt, let's say QQ+. Then play 2 million hands without it, and look at the frequencies. They should be extremely close, adjusting for mathematical variance.

Maybe God chooses Lottery winners. Maybe God made you hit your flush in that tournament. Who knows? But in my opinion, God doesn't interfere with turns and rivers :D:D:D:D:D:D

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve noticed whenever I think negative, I get negative results. Problem is I have always “seen” cards coming for years. Hard to shake something you think keeps happening. I’ve noticed when I’ve just felt positive (rare) I’ve had great success. Maybe I should try that more???

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not superstitious at all. But it is true that there are some days that go better than others, so I try to remember what I have done differently that day, and if I did something in particular before starting to play, I try to do it again the next day.

DanyDGD

DanyDGD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are days that I am lucky and there are days that I do not win a river.