Superstition at the table

F

FreshmanJoe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the most superstitious things you've seen people do at the table other than changing seats and carrying charms? I was at the 1-2 table myself, and the lady next to me was sitting with a $2000 stack, almost all of which was $5 chips. A different lady joins the table with a few $25 chips and asks her if she could have some change for her $25 chips. And she just refused saying she had done that once before and she ended up losing her entire stack.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Can't verify this nor do I want too but a dude once told me that he wears his underwear inside out when playing.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People have certain items in their pockets for luck. For me, it is a good night sleep and positive mind set for luck.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play mostly only online, so, I don't have many superstitions. The only one I can remember is that I always choose the same seat at a cash game table.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not believe in omens, superstitions, talismans, amulets and so on. In my opinion, those who believe in such nonsense are just insecure people.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey!
I met a man who played only by putting on his happy cap, once he forgot it, he did not sit down at the table until it was delivered to him, I don’t know how she helps him, maybe this is a psychological attitude, but this is what I myself observed.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never play AQ. It's not superstitious , those cards are actually cursed when seen together. Cursed I tell you.