Subconciously Betting Your Hand

cardfetish

cardfetish

Visionary
Total posts
I know most of you usually bet percentages on your hand, ie... pot is XXX/stack is XXX/opposition has XXX/so I must bet XX...

I was wondering if any others out there tend to tell their hand by betting subconciously. I'll explain, early on in a tourney the other day I realised I was betting my exact hand - PP 8's /I raised to $80/flop 278 I bet $180/turn 4 I bet $180/river 3 I re-raised to $800. After reviewing the hand to see what other guy mucked, I saw the trail of 8's.

I began to watch others to see if they did the same, and yes! They did, not quite to the same degree as I, but there was a definite pattern with it. Almost all players at one time or another bet their High card # in their $ amount. Of course face cards were no luck, but when the board came low, there it was! I noticed the majority were doing it after the flop. Turn and river not so much.

Was I just tired after playing late into the evening and finding patterns where I want to? :D

I

Inscore77

Legend
Total posts
What were the blinds during this hand? I think it just so happened that the blinds might have been at 10/20 or 20/40 and you were just betting in increments of those numbers

kingme620

kingme620

Rock Star
Total posts
What were the blinds during this hand? I think it just so happened that the blinds might have been at 10/20 or 20/40 and you were just betting in increments of those numbers

ahha EXACTLY what I was thinking. hmm..so the level of the blinds decides what cards you have?? Interesting...

cardfetish

cardfetish

Visionary
Total posts

It was early on...so maybe. But others were doing it as well. One guy had A6s, flop came out w/ aces and 6's - he bet $600 - just kinda weird

- by the way, I got a weird feeling he had the 6 so I dodged out of that one. Thats why I remember it so clearly

I

Inscore77

Legend
Total posts
It was early on...so maybe. But others were doing it as well. One guy had A6s, flop came out w/ aces and 6's - he bet $600 - just kinda weird

- by the way, I got a weird feeling he had the 6 so I dodged out of that one. Thats why I remember it so clearly
I'll read through some of my HH's and see if its consistent with mine. I'll let you know when I get around to doing it lol

A

Arielstorm

Enthusiast
Total posts
I have never paid that much attention to it. I am going to have to keep an eye open for that one. If this does happen that is a big insite on the internet poker world. It will be awsome for notes on other players.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
Human brain creating patterns where there are none, imo.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Total posts
this one hand I had 99 on the button, blinds were 10/20 and I raised one limper to 100. he called, flop A93, check, I lead for 180, he called. turn blank, he checked and I bet 350. river blank he checks I shove for 650 he folds.

NO 9S IN SIGHT I THINK I JUST DISPROVED YOUR THEORY IMO

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Total posts
this one hand I had 99 on the button, blinds were 10/20 and I raised one limper to 100. he called, flop A93, check, I lead for 180, he called. turn blank, he checked and I bet 350. river blank he checks I shove for 650 he folds.

NO 9S IN SIGHT I THINK I JUST DISPROVED YOUR THEORY IMO

if you check turn and bet river for 999 i bet he calls

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Total posts
wait a sec i said i bet 180 on the flop. prepare to have your minds blown.

1+8=9

i think we might be on to something here!

cardfetish

cardfetish

Visionary
Total posts
subliminal betting....

Dante78 calls 100
secpirate folds
A3n7y calls 100
GulloOriginale calls 100
nowaylike folds
Voimuaraukkaa calls 50
Lil_Indian_Girl checks
*** FLOP *** [9d 9s 2c]
Voimuaraukkaa checks
Lil_Indian_Girl checks
Catfish Jackson checks
Dante78 checks
A3n7y checks
GulloOriginale has 15 seconds left to act
GulloOriginale bets 900
Voimuaraukkaa folds
Lil_Indian_Girl folds
Catfish Jackson has 15 seconds left to act
Catfish Jackson folds
Dante78 folds
A3n7y folds
Uncalled bet of 900 returned to GulloOriginale
GulloOriginale mucks

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands