Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hi everyone. It is obvious that each poker player has his own strategies and style, today I have a question for you ... What differences do you find in your game between a cash table and a mtt tournament. Greetings.;)

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm usually tighter in an MTT tournament, other than freerolls where I pretty much become a maniac in the early stages.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
In my case, the difference is that in cash games I usually only lose money. So I prefer tournaments. :)

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, the difference that I find in my style in cash is that it is more aggressive, more if it is 6max, there it is more profitable to play aggressive. in MTT tournaments it depends on the stage it is, I will vary my style, it also depends on the stack obviously, regards

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally do not make any distinction, I play based on the cards that I have in my hands and notes on the players at my table.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi :ciao
i no play cash games, when did i lose all my monies so so fast... poof ... broke
mtt takes me bit longer bust

blond.jpg

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in cash I play more tightly and accurately in tournaments, on the contrary .. I don’t know if this is right ??! can someone advise something?

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is different, because in the cash games it is tighter and in the tournaments is looser. This happens because in the cash games the profits and loses are immediate. In the tournaments you have only the buy-in as a lose, so you play looser because there isn`t any other lose expected!:star:

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Analyzing my game over the past few years I conclude that I play tournaments better than cash. The tournament has a plan, a beginning and an end. In this game, there is no plan, there is only the beginning, there is no end. You sit down for the tournament and you know that if you play well and you are lucky, then in 7-8 hours you will take the first place, there is a goal in the tournament and you clearly see it. The cache game doesn't have this, the goal is also there, but everything is blurred, time is blurred, it's difficult to explain.
In general, I think that it is easier to play in tournaments than in cache, although cache players believe that it is easier to play in cache than in tournaments )).

A

alexmorrighan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer playing cash. Tight-aggressive style of play. I can play for a short time. Tournaments can only be played if I am sure I have enough time for it.

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In MTTs I am tighter than cash games. In cash games I play more loose which is leading to "right' decisions made by my opponents when calling me on river and expecting mediocre hand. But maybe most unpredictable and leading to win will be to change styles during game.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I think that the biggest difference I find in my style and strategy of play between Cash tables and Tournaments is that I play more aggressive cash tables and I have a wider Open Range ...!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Regardless of the game I do not have a constant style of play. It's all about my mood from that moment on!