Stress and poker

T

Tiltmode1987

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to you deal with the stress that comes with the swings in poker? I get so stressed out when playing poker. When i run good its awesome but it really hurts when i take a big loss. The stress really geta to me too. It gets hard to sleep and sometimes i dont eat. Does anyone have any tips for dealing with the stress that comes with poker?

fedkov

fedkov

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn’t say that I feel stress during the game, it’s probably more that the wrong decision-making is pressing. If this happens. I just close the client and go outside to somehow distract myself.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Your stress is primarily due to the lack of a bankroll management system. If you are disciplined about the game and strictly adhere to spending limits, you will never be stressed or disappointed, instead, poker will bring you only joy and positive emotions.

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to answer the question to yourself: Why do I enjoy playing poker? Be honest to yourself and think about it when you start feeling stressed. Good luck

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have to do therapy because of this game that has saturated me a lot these last few months, I have an anxiety crisis because of these games, so I decided to take a break from this game so it doesn't happen!

samircyber9

samircyber9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me i think stress in caused by the wrong decision making

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Stress exists in all players except that some do not realize that they are stressed, I am talking about tournaments for more money ...

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not take a lot of money into the game and I do not play with my own money at all. I do not have a great desire to win big money. I look at things from a real point of view and not from dreams. It is necessary to approach poker not as the main profitable business, but as a possible casual income. I certainly grieve the losses but do not take them seriously.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, poker and stress are inseparable)))

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to you deal with the stress that comes with the swings in poker? I get so stressed out when playing poker. When i run good its awesome but it really hurts when i take a big loss. The stress really geta to me too. It gets hard to sleep and sometimes i dont eat. Does anyone have any tips for dealing with the stress that comes with poker?

A combination of experience (knowing bad beats will occur) and non-poker related growth (reading philosophy/psychology) will cure this. ;)

001Jaguar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you having stress during the game when you play it’s serious everyone knows that stress is the worst think I don’t have stress but sometimes have excitedly feeling if this happens alot I stop playing either but especially if you have stress time to break and go for a walk smoke cigarettes 🚬

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When bad beats happens, you have to stop a little, breath, try to relax, concentrate and keep focus on the game.
It's the best way to avoid tilt.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To cope with stress, you need to reduce the number of game days and the number of tables at a time, you also need to be outdoors more often and wash your face with cool water.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I deal with stress with a bottle of brandy, it helps me relax:)

S

slothi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Loosing is part of the game….even when you are playing your best level the variance can catch and hurt you…..
focus on what you can control...these are your choices...if you make bad choices you can get angry and try to do better...if you make good ones and still lose you just have to accept.... everyone does quarrel with fate (the variance).... but it doesn't help in the end....

T

thesternburglar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not my real job. That is where my stress is. The only stress I feel with poker is when I am playing a tournament and am doing really well and I have been sitting there for 6 hours. Then my spouse starts complaining at me that we have somewhere to go or I need to help her with something that might take 5 or 10 minutes. That's when the stress kicks in.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To reduce stress - you need to risk smaller amounts. The amounts should be such that they mean nothing to you.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
- Don't play poker.

- If you play on your own, then follow the rules of the bankroll.

- Play freerolls and reinvest.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
you don't have to stress when you play poker, however it is just a game :) and should be treated as such:)

O

odonob

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more you play (and lose mostly) the more you will become accepting of losses. Eventually you get a thick skin. Water off a Duck’s back.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

From what you say, you have self-control problems, study and apply some exercises.
It usually works!

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Try to do sports regularly, such as running or swimming, and take more walks in the fresh air. I'm sure this will help you cope with stress.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The tip for dealing with stress in poker is to win and win money, because everyone who loses money gets very stressed. In the game of poker it's no different, if you win, you're happy, if you lose, you're stressed. If stress is disturbing your peace and mental health, it's best to stop playing poker.