Stress caused by poker

tipejo767

tipejo767

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who has not had a very bad day at the game of poker. Stress is a feeling that can be caused by poker? and if this is how to cope.

dartablasta

dartablasta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ill try to always have fun, its normal to have bad days, but u can get a better value of your day smiling, so try to be happy even if u got f*cked:D cheers

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live it as something normal and smile, smiling is a way to send a message to the brain so that it remains focused and not get carried away by those moments, if you continue stressed you should stop playing, the stress will lead you to play badly, take a breath, Keep reviewing concepts, learn more, managing emotions is essential, they should last seconds whether they are good or bad, achieving that control will make you very strong at the tables:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As soon as I started playing poker, maybe I had a little stress from playing poker, but now I only get pleasure)))

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Poker always brings me pleasure and only positive emotions. But if a player is not disciplined and does not have enough patience, then of course poker will bring him stress.
Good luck.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the game is not your day and you are angry,it is better to leave the poker room and relax...

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I'm in a bad mood, stressing too much, or don't feel able to play my A game. I watch series where I spend my time on an activity that I enjoy and which allows me to relax. before the start of my session, I repeat the same sentence for several minutes such as "I'm happy" to eliminate all negative thoughts that may interfere with my games.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If you learn to take the beautiful side of the game then there is no reason to be stressed.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Whilst it is realistic to expect to get some minor degree of stress, if you are feeling highly stressed, it is likely that you are not playing a fundamentally sound strategy. Stress should be more prevalent when you do not know what to do.
However, if you're working hard and studying poker, the difficult decisions become infrequent. You should be bettering with your head and not your heart. When you bet with your head, it is about realizing equity. The rest is just probability.
Make the plays you know to be right and there should be no stress. Stress is NOT your friend in poker. If you have it, move down a level until your mojo/confidence is back.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Whilst it is realistic to expect to get some minor degree of stress, if you are feeling highly stressed, it is likely that you are not playing a fundamentally sound strategy.

Stress should be more prevalent when you do not know what to do.

However, if you're working hard and studying poker, the difficult decisions become infrequent. You should be bettering with your head and not your heart. When you bet with your head, it is about realizing equity. The rest is just probability.

Make the plays you know to be right and there should be no stress. Stress is NOT your friend in poker. If you have it, move down a level until your mojo/confidence is back.

In the long run, you will be better served by treating this as a mathematical challenge with a psychological investigation. None of it should *matter* in the short run. By making good plays based on sound principles, there should be no reason to be stressed.

Perhaps it is a lack of volume? If you play enough, you just know what the plays should be. You fine tune/adjust in each explicit scenario. If you only play rarely, variance will get you.

D

damas13251

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If u start playing like machine u wont be stress at all

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stop playing poker for a while; could be a couple hours, a day, a week, a month, just however much time you need to bring your feet back to the earth and let your eyes re-focus on the stars. Take some me time to relax, do some yoga, go for a bike ride, go get a massage, meditate about it, enjoy a cup of tea, do some baking, go on a day trip to somewhere near where you live. Come back to poker when you happy and excited start again :)

L

Lancha420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Me suele aparecer el estres cuando pokerstars tira cosas que son impensadas, cuando ya tenes la mano ganada desde el flopp Ej; un full ya en flop y en el turn y river todo para que pierdas ... pero bueno nunca es bueno jugar con estres ya que te hace jugar mal:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who hasn't had a bad day playing poker. Stress is a feeling that poker can cause? and if so how to deal with it.

If it can be, it usually happens when we have bad streaks in the game and sometimes they extend more because we do not accept the variance and continue playing when it is better to take a break, it can also be because we do not correct our mistakes in the game and we continue to make the same mistakes and that generates stress because it brings worries and mood swings.

The best thing would be to take a break when we have a bad day and try to develop a discipline and accept the variance that is part of the game that sometimes costs a lot, but you have to learn to deal with this over time so that you do not stress so much .

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately ( for me personally ) stress and poker are two inseparable things! But on the other hand, making money is never easy! Here you have to choose either work or have fun!

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first yes, after some books and videos, just fun without worries, just playing well.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just play for leisure are don't care about crumbling days

Last edited:
I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just have to try to be calmer about bad situations, because they are part of poker. Do not worry too much and then you will be less stressed ....

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Stress is often caused by anxiety, perhaps because you are losing, or are afraid you will lose. It's something common to most of us. Look around the site, There's so much good advice. Learn to relax

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who has not had a very bad day at the game of poker. Stress is a feeling that can be caused by poker? and if this is how to cope.

is this a joke? unless you're a complete, complete newbie, everybody has had a BAD day in poker. I know best. I've had bad YEARS in poker.

It's hard to cope. The best strategy for me is not to play at all.

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a bad poker day every day playing online. Just a few minutes ago, I was 5 in chips.
UTG all in I call from the BB. He shows A2 and I have AQ...can you guess who wins?

Him obviously, this is so frustrating.

Just keep grinding.

M

Movi84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its just a game dont let it stress u, u should enjoy playing

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think stress definitely can be caused by poker, at least in my case :)
I am less stressed nowadays because I learn to see poker only as fun and a hobby, but I still have days that bad beats makes me so mad, specially after long hours of play.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stressed caused by Poker play?

Hello. Yes, stress can be a problem for some.
Dan'O

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stress is the eternal companion of the game of poker. It won't work any other way.