Streaming delay

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone i'm thinking about streaming some sessions that i play just to add a little more interest and focus for myself. But i was wondering if anyone has any experince with what time delay to use for poker. I have tried google and searching but i dont seem to be able to find any information on this. I would really appeciate any thoughts on a good time delay to use.

cheers.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The broadcasts that I watch the best interaction of the public are those with delay of 5 minutes

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say 5 minutes is plenty, especially if you're a small streamer. It's unlikely anyone will ever be sniping you regardless, but it's enough of a safety buffer. Your goal should be to interact with your chat as much as possible, so keep it low unless you're going hard in a big tournament.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was thinking somewhere in the vicinity of 2 minutes but 5 minutes doesn't sound unreasonable either. Hopefully the thread will build up a general consensus but thank you for the replies so far. Ive never streamed before or youtube i'm very new to using social media but i thought it might add some variety and fun to my sessions and keep my interest and focus better in 2019.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At least 4 minutes, most streamers use 5 minutes and I think this is good, I get bored when a streamer put 10 minutes of delay

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I did my transmissions I left behind in 3 minutes, it is enough to play tranquilo, and thus you can interege with the chat of the stream ..

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 5 minutes is ideal good luck anyway.:):):)

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every stream i watch does a roughly 5 minute delay. I don't know exactly how to do it as ive never streamed, but it can't be hard to figure out with a google search.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I agree with many on the forum, the broadcast delay is usually from 3 to 5 minutes. Throw a link to your stream, I will follow and support you.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I agree with the participants of the forum that for streams you can use from 3-4-5 minutes and this is normal but not more time!

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the replies ill go for 3 minutes i think that should be plenty , im only doing a beat the micro stakes challenge starting from 5nl and hopefully working to 50nl during 2019. Ill put a link to the twitch channel when im up and running , cheers.

Mmurilove

Mmurilove

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on the limits played. I think 150s is enough for microlimits, and as you go up the limits it's going to increase time.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually there is 5 minute delay on the streams I watch, but a few of them use 3 minutes or so.

Betondrew decided to do a live stream recently where there was no delay. He hid his cards until the end of the hand or at least till action ended if I remember correctly. But 5 minutes seems to be a standard amount of time. And gives you a little buffer if something unexpected happens and you need to regroup.

I used to be a chat mod for a streamer and he also used 5 minutes for what it's worth.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Broadcast delay should be 3 to 5 minutes from my experience. If you go more than that youll lose some of your viewers.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Five minutes is what most use. Should keep from any over lap on hands.

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 to 5 minutes delay is the best

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I found some information stating between 1-3 minutes for cash games and 3-5 minutes for tournaments. So i was thinking 90 second delay for cash games and 180 second delay for tournaments. I think that sounds reasonabe looking at what people are suggesting.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello, transmission delay of game I've seen is usually between 3 to 5 minutes. It is clearly much better transmission 5 minutes. to be more relaxed with the game you're explaining obviously less delay time can interact more with the users or audience you're showing the game. regards