Step away from the game?

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've limited my play to CardsChat's League and freerolls. I;ve been on a 3 month downswing and have reached the point of burnout.

My question to y'all is, do you think stepping back for awhile is the right way to go at it ? Or should I just keep plugging away at it and work my way through it? It's just got to where it's not much fun other than playing with players here at CC.

Anyway, take care...

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Seems to me you have been around for a while: 2008-2017, so you know the rules and variance swings.

I will say neither of the 2 options is ok, you need to adapt your play strategy, so that you could change your outcomes, otherwise you will be getting the same results. :icon_scra

D

Dan Perkins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imyself play everyday. thankfully I have not reached the burnout point yet.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Step away for awhile,it will be here. i had to step away,,,for 10 years,been back for 6 mths now and i feel fresh and brand new,ready to take on the world:D

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
take a little break or a long break and i guarantee that when you come back to poker the fish will still be swimming and you will cash out more $$ than before.

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've done just that, Larry. I'm not playing anything other than the CC games a few months. Maybe just a few games. Even those CC games, I played bad, dispassionately.
I needed a break and the real people in my life. Even now, I do not play much at all. Life is too short to be so much time allocated for poker. For me, it's just a hobby.

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've limited my play to CardsChat's League and freerolls. I;ve been on a 3 month downswing and have reached the point of burnout.

My question to y'all is, do you think stepping back for awhile is the right way to go at it ? Or should I just keep plugging away at it and work my way through it? It's just got to where it's not much fun other than playing with players here at CC.

Anyway, take care...

Whatever you do, do it for your pleasure. If you bumped your head against the wall, it's probably pointless to keep going forward, it's better to step back and find a workaround. Take a break, do something that will give you pleasure, socialize with interesting people and then, when you return to the game, things will go uphill. You need to stop and think about what your problem is and why your game is not going well. Reboot! Good luck at poker tables)

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should take a break if you are not making good decisions. No point in losing even more money if you aren't playing your A-game.

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes a little break will do you wonders, even doyle said that in his book the original super system

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Anyway, take care...

Because of the league schedule change I play very little other than CC free rolls & events, of course with me poker has always been just a hobby so not playing if I'm not enjoying myself is a no brainer. Your obviously a bright guy, whatever you decide will work just fine Larry. Good luck & hope the poker gods smile on you soon. :)

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know what? At any place or site it will be the same. At any level. I thing in major level it worst. Before they don't care of money. They want to play with the best. Just come back to your good open hand and mucks all the rest. Play your position and be positif mode all the time you play. Cheers

vitorbonatto

vitorbonatto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i recommend you to search micro tourneys at poker clubs, you can learn a lot more at a live table

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. It is right decision. You need to relax and to enjoy the game without fear of losing.

M

matenq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is the burnout only in poker?
If so, make a break so long you need.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It may be time to spend more time studying your game than playing.

Top 10 Games