start from scratch and build a good stack

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I wanted to know if someone could or knows someone who has started from 0 in poker, that is, playing freerolls and thus be able to make an acceptable bank. I've been playing poker for a long time for about five years, but I always did it as a hobby and the last 4 months I focused more on studying it. The truth is that momentarily I have no money to invest and I wanted to know if it is very crazy to start from scratch

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many good poker players start to play poker from freeroll tournaments and still make a huge profit in the end. One of the most famous cases that I know is Annette Obrestad who won a big prize at an early age. Of course, you need a bit of talent to achieve something like her. Besides, I still play poker for fun because if you want to play professional poker, you have to work hard, spend a lot of time and have a high passion in poker to get success.

B_D_Cout

B_D_Cout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was at 0 in pokerstars. Played some freerolls & ended up with over $10 of play $$. Not much but enough to enjoy some pay tables

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not crazy! Almost every pokersite offers tons of freerolls to start building a bankroll from nothing. You can certainly do it to climb up the ladder

byron42

byron42

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ran from 0 to almost $350 over the last couple years, but I really struggled to make the transition to a bigger platform/buyins (lots of ebb and flow). Took some shots, made some stupid mistakes, now back to nothing. I know from experience that it's doable, but you have got to be more disciplined than you realize.

I mostly played mtt's, but dabbled in sng's and cash games from time to time when the tourney's weren't running. I'm actually really disappointed in myself for pissing away that nugget and not being more conservative about how I managed the amount that I built up from the bare ground. Hind sight is always 20/20 I guess. That's why I'm here, trying to get into some quality freerolls on a daily basis to rekindle.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IF you have the time just play FREErolls and register on lots of sites and keep playing as many as you can.

Thats what I did when i first started playing in March this year.

I found a $1200 daily freeroll and virtually every other day I made the money and then I won it by luck haha

Never needing to deposit money for poker is a lovely feeling.

Unfortunately this Freeroll does not run anymore, otherwise i would still be playing it, best I have ever found.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never made a deposit. I always use the winnings of the frerrolls I played to increase my banckroll and bet on paying stakes. I have succeeded several times in reaching $ 100 and more starting from 0 but I like to bet on sporting issues or roulette. I always find myself at the starting point. if I were just a little smarter. I will have made the decision to no longer play with these winnings and to withdraw each time I reach the $ 100. but r and I have to admit that I cannot control myself when it comes to betting on games of chance. thanks to cards chat you can earn at least $ 20 per month in the worst cases. if the variant is on your side you show good banckroll very quickly.

Last edited:

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I watched a player from Russia (Zapahzamazki) quite recently he had a few dollars left in his account and in 2 weeks he made $ 200,000 !!! He won WCOOP-02M and WCOOP-03-L - second place !!! Before that, he had already done a marathon from 5 dllars to 10,000 $ in one month !!! So I think everything is possible !!!

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started from scratch with a few sit and go free tickets, followed up with freerolls and low buy-in tournament. After a year, in 2010 approximately, I received 150 dollars and I did not play anymore. Now since August 2020 I have started again in the same way.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it’s possible to do that. There are many players here that started the same as you. To motivate you, search for the Chris Ferguson freeroll challenge, he turned $0 to $10k starting from freerolls and then these $10k to $100k.

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow so motivating - good luck at the tables!