The Stare Down

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Good ol Fashioned stare down move. The one where a large bet gets thrown on by either you or your opponent and then the STARE tactics begin. Do you do it? Are you intimidated when people do it? What are your views on it.

Me Personally , I already have a resting bitch face for a guy so it comes natural but when people stare me down after betting large my goal is to attempt to do the dumbest shit to get a read. I once blew a Kiss at a guy just because he had this Steven Siegal Under Siege stare down look and I wanted to see if He'd flinch. It Worked , I read that he really didn't like having kisses blown to him by another guy :D.

Anyways , Back to the question. Does the Stare Down give you any advantage when playing?

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's pretty impressive if people can do it.
But I can't do it, I will always start to laugh, no matter what cards I have.

fa_max4

fa_max4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, staredowns can be useful... but i think that if you are all in, no matter if it's a bluff or a value bet, you should never look at your opponent. You give away informations. Yeah it can work in your favor, especially against newer player...So yeah, depends on the situation I guess.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like strategy by Daniel Negreanu (I call her that), the table is constantly talking, all staring, joking, laughing. For me it's better than sitting with a stone sad face. Poker is fun ))

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is a hard one for me as I have not had a stare down that I remember. I would not bother me, I would probably stare back to get a read and (to steal your method) blow him a guess kiss, hahahaha. If he did not move, my guess is a semi bluff hoping you do not call. If he smiles I fold. How does that sound.