Staking

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone explain why would you risk your money on another player if you can not do it yourself?

R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because the player you are staking has a lot more skill than you and you might get a big return on your investment. Of course you should do some research and stake winning players that are clearly beating the game.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never had the bankroll to do the stacking, in the role of becker, but a lot of times I loaded the cartridges that have reached the goal.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are people who stake pro players with really huge amounts of money and players like that can make them really nice profit.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Can someone explain why would you risk your money on another player if you can not do it yourself?

Great question, thanks :top:

When I am on a good run, and increased my BR to extend I am hardly to use it in entire extent, I am looking to spent my extra BR to invest in some promise-able stakes!

Normally, if I am not shooting out on some newbie, it went profitable, and everything is fine :top:

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when this player has a lot of talent and a success rate higher than yours for big events. it's much more profitable to invest your money on it in the long run.

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its like investing in the stock market. There are many good stocks but only a few are great

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck in the touney, crush them!

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would only stake someone in a cash game, maybe a tournament but not really

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend, like most said should investigate the player that you're going to sponsor, you must also take into account that does not impact on your bank roll, I mean the money you'll spend the other player must be minimal in your bank, as if you'd be playing yourself. The advantage of sponsoring a player is that you can earn good money. regards

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would only stake someone if that someone was a vampire and my stake was made of wood. BTW, I carry a vial of holy water for backup.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Investment...Let's say you are good on NL100 and lower. Just for example. You don't want to play higher, you are not sure about your profit there. You have 10k. 5k is enough for your roll for NL100 (just for the example). You have 5k "еxtra"money. There is a good know NL100 reg. But he lost his roll. He don't want to play lower for some reason. You know about his expected win rate. Rake back deal...You are using some poker variance calculator and you decide then. Is this a good investment or not. Very often it is. Even with risk for "scamming".
Sorry for my English...

X

xxgsaint5501xx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

In my experience, most winning players do not require staking. Therefore, take a long hard look at who you thinking of investing in and ask the obvious question, "Why would a solid winning player want to play for only half (or less) of their earnings"?

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

You really don't care if you get the investment back. Just want to give them the same deal you had. Remember its usually so you can get your labor job. They really want you on pogo.com. Where more games matter. Its like Eddy Murphy's and Dan Acroyde's movie Trading Places. The two old men had a little fun over a dollar bet. Cost them a lot. Wonder what they do when they find out the person wasn't a fake.

I

induce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in the professional/semi-pro poker world, this is everyday practice.
serious players almost always take pieces of each other in MTT tournaments to mitigate their losses. a lot of players would not be able to afford all the buy-ins throughout the year without taking pieces of each other. this is actually essential to the poker economy.

just look at Chino Rheem, 2019 PCA Main Event Champion, who was most definitely staked by his close friend and colleague, The Grinder (Mike Mizrachi)
https://www.pokernews.com/tours/pca/2019-pca/pca-main-event/chips.254233.htm
https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=41527

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would guess it is because poker players are generally gamblers. Also, if someone shows a good ROI, why not? > it is just another player playing for you, even if you can play well yourself.

kolyasik77777

kolyasik77777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because, the player has better game statistics than me.