Stacks Poker has it gone belly up ?

A

andybee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Guys.....

I picked this set of mails on an other forum.......

Stacks Poker

I heard throught the grape vine and also from a few other liable sources that this site has gone bankrupt,,,i heard they spent over 10 million on the web site and now no longer have any more money left,,,,,i also heard that they will noy be going live,,,,,,its very sad to hear this true

this doesn't suprise me, i have tried support and never got a response.. i was looking forward to trying out there software, it looked really sweet!! but oh well.. sux to be them i guess

realy? Where do you heard it?

Hmmm
so much hype and all.
I was really looking forward to trying out the next generation in online poker.
it really sounded interesting

THis probably was a concept ahead of its time. I too have heard that they have quitely faded into the sunset. Just goes to show you that even if you have a great idea, you need the working capital to get thru all the things that go wrong in order to get ready to launch.

This is news to me........ they wrote to me a few weeks ago to state they would be beta testing soon....... and i was to be one of the testers.......

Andy Bee
confused.gif

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
They did actually go live. I got sent the link to download, but never did it. Some of our other members downloaded it though. I think nateofdeath and buckster. What say you, guys?

nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's actually somewhat odd. The rumor I had heard was that their software was down, yet their web site claims they are up and running, and I am still able to log in there and sit down at a table, and the software always says that there are 2 players logged on, but i haven't seen anyone else there for months. Quite honestly i think it's entirelly possibly that people have just lost interest during this increadibly slow process, plus there never were many beta testers to being with. And perhaps I don't know enough about buisness, but you wouldn't think they'd just give up after blowing 10 million on the project. Their software does work, and i'm sure they'll find a buyer if nothing else. I'm a little suprised they haven't tried to get depositors, as i'd heard they were planning to do that during the beta stage, if they are in need of money. Who knows. This is all just speculation. I'd been meaning to send an email to their support, so i might just try that

-n

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i restored my pc i never put Stacks back in, figured i would wait till it was running good, everytime i went there there was only 3 or 4 players, so i said the heck with it. So, i dont no whats going on there, but if they ever get up and running with a Full Schedule i might download it again, till then im not going to bother with it. buck:hello:

Last edited by a moderator:
nateofdeath

nateofdeath

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, i sent them an email, so we'll see what happens if they respond. My only additional comment is, starting up a new poker site is a complicated thing, especially when you're offering your own new, untested, and completly unique software. I was expecting this to be a painstakingly slow process, and i still expect that eventually, there will be a 3D poker launch.

-n

U

u4eated

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im sure if the soft ware works and they spent 10 million on it , they must have some sort of a plan. I think we can expect to see something possitive come out of the LONG wait.

Last edited:
Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty sure that Stacks has now folded and it's not going to go ahead unless someone buys them out. I believe they ran out of funding but I can't be totally sure. There is a new room who are working on that concept though called 'pkr' so that looks promising.