ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
That does not make me nervous, on the contrary I feel more comfortable to play, it gives me more room for movement, which I would not have with a small stack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't play CG, only for fun. In tourneys when the late reg still ongoing and i have 4-5 times higher stack than the average - happens rarely - i almost always sit out, or if not, play very tight, target only the short stacks, as it happened too often, that i lost it vs a similar stack size with some monster hand, 2nd nuts.

Generally, rarely can hit FT that i go through the hole tourney with a huge or at least comfortable stack. If my stack size in the top 5-10 around the middle of the tourney, it usually ends badly, see it as a bad sign...

25thinfantryman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree

Man I've been up so many times monasteries hadn't miss plaid once then outta no where once twice 3 times Nuys hand but every time be the 2nd best

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I usually try to play more carefully when I have a big stack in a tournament, because a lot of people will want to provoke you and take some of that stack! Of course, I don't get stuck in my actions or decisions, I just play my usual game, but I try to do it more carefully! It seems to me that every person has anxiety when he has a very large stack for a tournament, and many do not know how to play with him and what strategy to choose, but I think that everything comes with experience and over time everyone will learn to cope with the excitement and choose a strategy for such a game! I wish you all good and good luck at the tables!

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I tend to play more aggressive on a large stack but on the same note only on strong hands as it’s too easy to lose that stack in a couple of bad hands/choices I would recommend that you play as if you were an average/low stack

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Когда у вас есть огромные суммы денег без ставок, вы нервничаете?
I am nervous because I understand that soon there will be no advantage.

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends but i usually dont get nervous,i just continue to play my usual playstyle.Although it does get tricky sometimes if im a huge chip leader in the beggining of the tourney.

mardi1987

mardi1987

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
It depends but i usually dont get nervous,i just continue to play my usual playstyle.Although it does get tricky sometimes if im a huge chip leader in the beggining of the tourney.
I agree with you. I play my game no matter the size. I adjust the strategy more towards the opponents than the amount of stack. A large amount can become small in a few hands and vice versa

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel comfortable knowing I have plenty of chips.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The opposite happens to me. I'm happy, calm and confident when I have a lot of money, even if I don't bet.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I used to. Now is more of a gear switch to a type of play I usually do not engage as I typically have small stacks.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Having a huge stack does not mean you are going to win, far from it! Greg Rayner was chip leader at the end of day two in a live five day tournament and went out on day three, Two crucial hands saw his demise and he lost the lot.
Poker is not absolute Science or Mathematics and many things can and do happen I reached the Final table as the underdog with the smallest stack and with three well timed all-in bets and calls, I reached the heads up position and even then was still the underdog against the other player but I went on to win it.
Luck or skill? I can argue for both reason's, but I always say "the game ain't over until the fat lady sings" and anything can happen.
Having the biggest stack only means you have the most to lose, so you still have to be careful with how you play, because the underdog will always make moves that will shock you, He is in the position that if he doesn't double up against you, he is definitely going to lose, so he has to be ultra aggressive and play hands that are marginally better than yours and hope to double up.
It doesn't always happen but If I am up against a stack that is 3 or 4 times bigger than mine I am happy to finish in second place and will shove regardless of what cards I am holding Ace Rag, or any Pocket Pair, Suited Connectors, even one gap connectors they all have a chance and yes I am relying on Lady Luck! to come knocking at my door, but doesn't Luck always play a part when playing Poker?
That is what makes the game so much Fun!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I have a large amount of chips in play, I'm more confident with the bets, while when I'm short of chips it seems I'm more on tilt, but anyway, whether with a lot or a few chips, you shouldn't lose the essence of a skilled player.