Stack amount

R

richardpro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you have huge amounts of money without betting, do you feel nervous?

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes sometimes it's harder playing with the big stack . Be careful not to go on reverse tilt , in other words it's easy to get over confident with a big stack and piss it away.

GLGL:D:D

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get nervous when I lose part of a large amount. Before, I always tried to win back and lost everything, but now I am already calm about such situations. Past bitter experience taught me not to do this anymore

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doesn't happen often to me I'm usually nursing a small stack

Sometimes if I get up to a good amount of chips I slow down and worry about my stack dwindling so play scared and watch the blinds and antes eat away at my stack instead

This is a flaw in my game I'm currently working on trying to fix so hopefully I can use the big stack to my advantage

Good luck out there

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I have a large stack that already allows me to reach the final table without having to take any risk. I don't hesitate to fold my hands and wait until it's a good time to start playing again. it is a rather loose strategy but which allows you to reach at least part of your objectives and especially not to have any regrets.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I manage to get a big stack, that’s the best feeling.
If, on the other hand, it starts to fade, it doesn't feel very good anymore. :D

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nervous that the others will quit before getting the rest of their money.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
And that feeling is always of being a little nervous, but I think that if one manages to be Top in chips it is already in the skill and knowledge of each one.
By having that amount, you are already managing the table at will and thinking and reasoning when to make your movements.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you have large amounts of money without betting, do you feel nervous?

You have to have a strategy when playing with a big pile, the problem is that when we have a big pile we start to play a lot of hands playing loose and aggressive it gives us that confidence because we have more chips than the others and that's when mistakes come and we start To lose chips, we get nervous and anxious to get back the chips we have lost.

The best thing would be to have a strategy against weak types of players and avoiding the aggressive ones unless we have a good hand, but always playing with pocision and waiting for the best moment to continue doubling chips, the range of hands can be opened only a little but with position and make an OR open raise to take the money from the table if no one has played before.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tourneys when my stack gets big I mostly just stick to my game. It's important to keep in mind per ICM that the chips you are winning are not worth as much as the chips you could lose. It's easy to push people around and steal pots, so I up the bluffing more against smaller stacks. But I don't play loose and wild just because I have a big stack. Generally, I stick to good tight ranges for value betting unless I'm facing only short stacks then I consider shoving if my hand is good enough based on effective stacks. And I bluff more on later streets when it puts villain all in.

In cash games I like to keep my stack topped off. I don't like getting a monster hand and not having enough to bet on it.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

Good post. I used to this when I first started playing. I'd get up to 4 or 5 or more starting stacks during Late reg and Id end up calling off to many hands and not making it very deep in the money. Reverse tilt I believe the member called it.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very rarely I get big pine cones but when I do I play very nervous but I try to put a lot of pressure on the table

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

when I have a large stack that already allows me to reach the final table without taking any risks. I don't hesitate to fold my hands and wait until it's a good time to start playing again. It is a fairly lax strategy but one that allows you to achieve at least part of your goals and above all not to regret it.

:captain: I agree with the colleague, I try something to do something similar with my poker game. In the future, incorporate risking a little more, just a little more :D

:qh4::qc4: Queens of life and nature

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am never nervous. Nerves lead to losses. Besides, I never have huge sums of money that I could be nervous about. :D

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No why, you feel emboldened, you want more money.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love playing with big glass! Even when the card doesn't come in, you can always put pressure on your opponent and steal other people's chips! In addition, there is no danger of making a fatal mistake!

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah sometimes,
Because our stack must get bigger
And not to loose it

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend

I would feel calm, I would get nervous if I see that others are already reaching my level of chips.

Q

Qairo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Да, большой стек очень опасен, и начинающие игроки начинают его терять в совершенно глупых ситуациях, в то время как опытные игроки ценят каждую. фишка в игре, поэтому в призы чаще всего попадают опытные игроки

translated:
Yes, a big stack is very dangerous, and beginners start to lose it in completely stupid situations, while experienced players appreciate each. a chip in the game, so experienced players most often get into the prizes
I'm russian too, but write english (it's english forum).
By the way, I agree with you. Big stack tempts to do unreasoned actions and lead to losing.
You need experience not to make these mistakes.

Q

Qairo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing with big glass! Even when the card doesn't come in, you can always put pressure on your opponent and steal other people's chips! In addition, there is no danger of making a fatal mistake!
It's relaxing. Yes, there are no fatal risks, but there is a risk of turning a big stack into a small stack. I have doubled my small stack many times with players who think like you.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I my stacks get huge, related to the others, is time to step on the gas.

Yes, doesn't matter if I'm playing tighter at the moment or looser at the moment - I'm always in there battling hard and trying my best :)

In tourneys when my stack gets big I mostly just stick to my game. It's important to keep in mind per ICM that the chips you are winning are not worth as much as the chips you could lose. It's easy to push people around and steal pots, so I up the bluffing more against smaller stacks. But I don't play loose and wild just because I have a big stack. Generally, I stick to good tight ranges for value betting unless I'm facing only short stacks then I consider shoving if my hand is good enough based on effective stacks. And I bluff more on later streets when it puts villain all in.

In cash games I like to keep my stack topped off. I don't like getting a monster hand and not having enough to bet on it.

+1 Exactly my thought process too; well mostly anyway - including how in cash game format I typically buy in for the max and remain topped off too :cool:

M

malucado4545

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the amount of pile determines the form of your game, whether it will be more aggressive or more hot-tempered

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
no , it is more fun , you can play more various combo of hands , if it is to win you will win it :)

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I never get nervous at all. Getting nervous is bad for your health. In addition, I always follow bankroll management, because I know that not following the bankroll management system is as harmful to health as nervousness.