Sometimes You Just Have to Lose

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been playing for a very long time and studying the game like a madman. But the last couple months have been one crazy downswing. Always getting it in with the best hand on the turn and flop. equity mostly 60 percent or better but my opponents always get there. Somethings are just outta your control and sometimes your just Gotta bite the bullet and take the loss. How did yalls first two months of the year go for you???

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Re: caracaski220

It happens to all of us. Bad streaks. Loosing with flopped set of aces to 36 off, bad beat after bad beat, and to make it worse being at a final table heads up with 90 percent of chips and computer going down , blinding oout. Just have to wait it out.

Goblingerty

Goblingerty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've noticed over past month that the underdogs & chasers have been winning hands on the river, even if a flush is hit on the flop, they'll usually hit a fh on the river, I've now come to expect it, but its happening so often, it makes the whole poker experience a little less fun.

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All you can do is keep playing your game and eventually you will start winning again. Bad beats are part of the game, sometimes in your favor and sometimes against you. Just have to move onto the next tournament.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This has been a streaky year for me as well. Running good on some sites, and not so good on others.

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes I ran good, but most of the time i ran very bad just like today -$22 in nl5

KK v AA AK v AA always AA haha

and just now

Qqvak

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The first two months of this year went well for me. Thanks to our daily freerolls, I have significantly increased my bankroll, and for me this is a good result.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's been a very good year so far,,,;) i hope it continues,,,, :rolleyes:

A

Aguna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This time I tried to read more, watch videos, analyze distributions, there are gaps in the game. Well, there will be a holiday on our side.

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The year so far has been kind of average, with the usual number of bad beats, suckouts, coolers - but not noticeably more. I entered a tournament where every player enrolled seemed to have recent earnings of 2K or more, so not much joy to be had there.

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mad swings, every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around ...

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just keep playing and the results will come. I don't like that advice but it's working. Downswings are not forever.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since the beginning of this year, I've tried to climb the mid-stakes poker, but I have crazy bad beats from opponents with weak hands. At the moment I have moved to micro and low limits, where losses do not affect my bankroll that much.

D

DesertStorm46

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness....that is life!"

Captain Jean Luc Picard.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been playing for a very long time and studying the game like a madman. But the last couple months have been one crazy downswing. Always getting it in with the best hand on the turn and flop. Equity mostly 60 percent or better but my opponents always get there. Somethings are just outta your control and sometimes your just Gotta bite the bullet and take the loss. How did yalls first two months of the year go for you???

Extremely nightmare, what profit I made I wasted in CG, as I thought the weeks long - now it is months - backdoor series, river 1-3 cards fly, monsters on SB, BB, when I am the button or SB should stop + the 10-12% downswings in the dealt 10+pocket pairs and AK in the last nearly (perhaps even more than) 100K hands...(altogether, still can't believe it can happen like this...) if I wouldn't play CG, I would be a slightly profitable, because of playing that, I down few 100 bucks, maybe 200, if I count in the earned reward money... most of the time I even f@ck away the few tourneys where I do not get some crazy series...

I've played almost everyday, I do, at least try, everything the same way - of course in this environment I go tilt sometimes, as it drives me crazy - but except 5-6 days it was really terrible compare to the last year Jun-Oct when I had weekly 5-10 FT and 1-5 top 3 (none of my stats - mean the above written things - were in highly upswing, just in average in that time)... and not just because of the results, maybe 2 days was really profitable until today, the other 3-4 just when I did not lose 90-10%+ allins in key situations, like FT bubble, or mid in the ITM against some crap... Just happened Sunday, relegated from 4 tourneys within 5 minutes, all was river 2-3 cards fall in to my opponent... Monday, 2 full house vs full house in a row, yesterday, again the river - not 2-3 -, but the 4-6 in a row in several tourneys... total insane, crappy nuts... half of them against the always winners - I still can't get how they can be the highest profitable players on my level, when they play without odds, out of mind mode -, half against the biggest losers, whose play the same insane... just the guy who took me down in 2 tourneys yesterday was in 30K minus just in the last year, but somehow against me he got always, (5-6 hands within half an hour), the river 4-6 cards.... sick like hell....

I can't imagine, it can go worse than the last 2-4 months. Okay, probably it can, but then I will leave the rooms forever where I play now, and go to other ones, the newbie runs are very common everywhere coincidently for some 'strange' reason....

I

Ihab El Mlafi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I ran good, but most of the time i ran very bad just like today -$22 in nl5

KK v AA AK v AA always AA haha

and just now

View attachment 287681

those one hurt the most for sure !
may the cards be with you !
sometimes you just gotta take a break and pray the poker gods return 🙏🙌

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the first year of playing poker, I didn’t play for money at all. I played for virtual money and learned to play. Well, when I started gambling, I played very carefully and had no losses.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I think that has happened to the best players ..... and the important thing is that when we review those hands and we do not realize that we made the correct movements and that we lost due to the variance ... it is reasoning that should give us a little tranquility although losing is never pleasant ...!

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first months of this year have been good, but if I understand what you are saying because that is how I was the previous year on several occasions, the important thing is to stay focused and remember that this is how poker is, it is essential not to let yourself be dominated by that feeling of feeling defeated and frustrated:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi friend.

Well, I've been doing a little bit wrong lately, but yeah, I still haven't finished my last tournament win and I bet on that responsibly.