Can Someone Explain The Poker Tracker #s --/--/--

SubT33

SubT33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't invested in PT yet and consequently don't know what the numbers mean. Can someone breakdown the --/--/-- and what information we are to glean from these numbers? Thanks.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually it's VP$IP/PFR%/AF

VP$IP = % of the time person put money into the pot voluntarily (meaning raises or calls preflop, does not include checking from the BB) preflop.

This number can be used to see what kind of hands this person will go to the flop with. If a person has a VP$IP of 50% (VERY HIGH) it means that they are seeing flops with any hand better than average.

PFR% is very straightforward, it's the % of the time they are raising preflop. This is significant because it shows how often they'll raise preflop. If this is 50% it means they are raising with any hand preflop and not to take their raises PF very seriously. If it's 0 it means they will still limp with premium hands (or sample size is too low, have to watch for that)

AF = Aggression factor = (bet + raise)/call

So if their AF is 5, it means they bet or raise 5 times as often as they call. It's hard to understand without just seeing numbers over time and realizing what is high and what is low. This is also distorted by folds, as if someone simply either raises or folds, but folds 90% of the time, it will show them with an infinite aggression factor.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The numbers posted relate to VPIP/PFR/AF which means:

VPIP - percentage of time a player put money into a pot (not inc blinds)

PFR - percentage of time a player raise pre-flop

AF - total aggression factor

So TAG stats for a 6max player at $25-50nl may be something like 20/15/3 or 16/12/2, whereas a loose calling station may have stats like 60/10/1 and a really nitty player may have something like 8/4/2.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zach u beat me to it and your description was much more eloquent than mine :D

SubT33

SubT33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, this is a good introduction for me, thanks for the info. So how do you acquire these numbers for other players? Do you have to be sitting at a table with them for PT to track their numbers, or is there a more passive way to have PT mine the numbers?

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, this is a good introduction for me, thanks for the info. So how do you acquire these numbers for other players? Do you have to be sitting at a table with them for PT to track their numbers, or is there a more passive way to have PT mine the numbers?

I believe FT (possibly UB as well) is the only site where you can collect hand data via PT simply by having the table open-- other sites you need to be seated.

To overlay the stats on your table you need to use PAHUD or GameTime+.

SubT33

SubT33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks AG. Is PAHUD an add-on to PT?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks AG. Is PAHUD an add-on to PT?

No, PAHUD is a separate software (just google it for their web site). It costs $25 though, the new PT will include a HUD though so if either you haven't bought PT or are planning on buying the new PT I'd hold off on buying PAHUD and just getting the one that comes with PT v3.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
idle miner allows you to collect stars HH without being seated but i am pretts sure it is against the rules, although idle miner claims that it cant be detected. Havnt tried it myself so i dont have any personal expierence.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
idle miner allows you to collect stars HH without being seated but i am pretts sure it is against the rules, although idle miner claims that it cant be detected. Havnt tried it myself so i dont have any personal expierence.

Datamining on Stars is a no-no.

You can d/l a free utility called FPHG to datamine Party tables - not against there T&C's i believe.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, PAHUD is a separate software (just google it for their web site). It costs $25 though, the new PT will include a HUD though so if either you haven't bought PT or are planning on buying the new PT I'd hold off on buying PAHUD and just getting the one that comes with PT v3.

Don't get this mixed up - a hud will be integrated into PT3, but it will still cost extra.

ie you buy PT3 for $X, and a hud will be integrated into it as a trial/locked version. You pay the extra $Y for the hud to be unlocked fully.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't get this mixed up - a hud will be integrated into PT3, but it will still cost extra.

ie you buy PT3 for $X, and a hud will be integrated into it as a trial/locked version. You pay the extra $Y for the hud to be unlocked fully.

Why is the HUD not part of the program and the price. It seems silly to me that you dont get them both in one.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's exactly the same way they used to do it ($55 for PT, $25 for PAHUD), but now the programs are being integrated into each other for performance reasons. They're not ripping you off for money if that's what you're thinking.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol i didnt think they were ripping me off. Just thought it silly to have 2 programs that most people use together anyway and make people make to payments to buy them.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ah, ok. Well there are alternatives to pahud in case other people don't like it, so it gives you the option of buying or not buying. Not a bad idea just selling it as a package though.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Oh, I thought it came with it for the price, sorry for spreading false information.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, I thought it came with it for the price, sorry for spreading false information.

you naughty naughty boy! Whcich female mod will do the spanking honours??

jokes:eek:

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide