Some things I learned in Cardschat.

S

Streethawk71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like point 3 - If you can't lose the buy-in and keep a smile on your face, go find a cheaper game :D

G

galojmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice post....I agree with you Every point is good

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
tagace: are you sure you learn all of that at Cardschat?
what you pointed out represents very well what decent players learn through years of playing long before cardschat.
In Cardschat I learn that there are other decent, nice players that are worth of respect and mutual learning. and that's a lot to say! :)

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
tagace: are you sure you learn all of that at Cardschat?
what you pointed out represents very well what decent players learn through years of playing long before cardschat.
In Cardschat I learn that there are other decent, nice players that are worth of respect and mutual learning. and that's a lot to say! :)

Carlos, I think the difference between being in a forum and just read a book is just interacting with people who are for much more time studying and practicing what you want to learn. And you do not just learn the technique, but also the best way to deal with other players.
When playing poker, even online, in the solitude of your home, you are always interacting with others. And there are two ways of doing this: as a troll, unloading their frustrations on them or showing respect and kindness. And, in most cases, you are treated the same way you treat people.
Here in Cardschat I found, for the most part, people who have always been kind and solicitous with me. The freerolls Cardschat, especially the Freeroll club ones, are most a table of friends, where people who know each other for years chat in a friendly way, celebrating the other achievements and being supportive with each other. This goes far beyond the game. :)

C

cardcat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what I learned ?
ALWAYS question the credentials of people giving you advice.
Dan Harrington
"Most Poker Players arent nearly as expert as they think they are"

D

Demagog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with all the points, although some of them run does not always work :)

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can certainly add some more points. In General this is true. Cardschat special thanks for what they have.

Crazymoney16

Crazymoney16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything that me need to learn? It seems to me there is still a lot of work

Odysseus101

Odysseus101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rule #1 - Don't gamble with money you can't afford to lose. It should be a fun and interesting and challenging hobby or pastime.

BubbleWizard

BubbleWizard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've learned a few things here also:

- It's important to have a good bankroll management, I know this intellectually, just have to put it into practice, seems hard.

- Self-discipline, It's important to keep calm during a tournament and to know when it's your time to shine. Before joining this forum my best performance on a tournament was in top 10% after a week here I managed to get into a 1.10$ bounty builder position 25th (cashed for 6$ + a lot of bounties, I had like 10.73$), managed to get in the pokerschool tournament 150th from 10000. I still need to work on it, but i've seen progress which is good enough for me.

- Learned things about position, which hands to play, when to bluff, etc..

I learned little most likely but for me it feels like a lot! :)

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard to pace yourself when you lose the winning party.