tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Some things I learned in Cardschat.

1 - Poker is an extremely competitive game, but you should keep in mind that this does not justify get angry or being rude and offend other players just because they won a hand on you with a bad play. This is the best way to you go on tilt and be seen as a moron by the other players

2 - Bad beats are part of the game, including statistically. You do not need to be happy when it happens, but do not have to think that only happens to you.

3 - If you can not lose money, just play freerolls and then manage well what you earn. Try to recover all losses in one game is a sure way to lose everything.

4 - Study the game technique worth it, especially if you can really understand why it is better to give a raise or fold in a given situation.

5 - Do not judge your opponent by avatar, by name or nationality, nor put then on a read based on just one hand.

6 - Find out what type of poker that best suits your playing style. Tournament, sit @ go, cash game regular, hyper. Try to know well your own strengths and weaknesses. It is more important than knowing your opponent.

7 - That's not because you won a tournament that you're a great player and is ready to become a pro. The best sportsmen in the world, in any form, has the humility to continue training for life.

8 - If you made a mistake, take a deep breath and take it as another lesson learned. To err is human, to learn from mistakes makes the winners.

9 - If you have no will power to make posts on a forum to get passwords for a freeroll and prefers to annoy others to get them doing nothing, you're already a loser. And if you got access to them and then shares for all, you are very, very stupid.

10 - A poker forum is a great place to learn and improve your game. But it is also a great opportunity to make new and great friends and know other cultures. Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity.

carnathfd

carnathfd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
some great advice right here. i always try to imagine poker as a social game. sure i'm happy to win money, but all in all its a great time with friends. especially at a home game

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. CC IS FOREVER
I'd add don't drink too much during a poker session.

Nikolay23

Nikolay23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In CardChat i can learn about my favorite game and make my english better. Thanks CC community for this!!!

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thank you for the words, guys. Some things I said are kind of obvious, but when I joined the forum eleven months ago, I had two months playing poker online, with no results. I just played live four or five times before that and the only thing I knew about poker was the rules. So, I really learned this things here, and I think this could help the beginners.

I started to study a little bit on InteliPoker and when I came here looking for passwords, I found a huge poker library. The next step was to interact with the members, what is great. Now I access the forum almost every day.

R

ramoshadddad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Excellent post , thank you for sharing with us

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice post... new members should read. Well said.

C

CHILOWWW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all lessons are given here of absolute truth thank you very much for this msm

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
+1 Tagece...
Nice post...

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally agree with everything. But sometimes still can not stand the nerves.

HoldemStar97

HoldemStar97

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well said you say, it's well said but why you learned it in Cardschat, i mean it's a part of the game never mind cardschat or not. I am right?

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All excellent points! Glad CC has helped you become the player you are today! It surely has helped me over the past few years. CC Rocks!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thank you for the words, guys. Some things I said are kind of obvious, but when I joined the forum eleven months ago, I had two months playing poker online, with no results. I just played live four or five times before that and the only thing I knew about poker was the rules. So, I really learned this things here, and I think this could help the beginners.

I started to study a little bit on InteliPoker and when I came here looking for passwords, I found a huge poker library. The next step was to interact with the members, what is great. Now I access the forum almost every day.

Awesome read, Will! We can always use the reminders that poker is more than knowing the rules. Nicely put!

Dunc8b

Dunc8b

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An excellent summary of all that I seem to have experienced also.

Shame that not everyone has learned the same lessons.

Thanks for taking the time to write a long and well thought post.

SBEP

SBEP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I would also put on that list, something that is very important, very very very important, and thats BRM bank roll menagment, whithout you would not last long in the poker world, trust me i found this to be the hardest lesson in had to learn and after looseing 4-5 BR i finally look up on the net bout BRM, sticked to it, and i have to say i am doing much better then i was b4, take it from me, u have to learn how to menage your money :D

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Awesome read, Will! We can always use the reminders that poker is more than knowing the rules. Nicely put!

Even though I'm pretty sure Shel is gonna continue callin us all really bad names when she loses a pot, :p I totally agree very nice post.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Even though I'm pretty sure Shel is gonna continue callin us all really bad names when she loses a pot, :p I totally agree very nice post.

Me? You have to be thinking of someone else! pfft.. :)

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#7 is a very good point! Thanks for the good post.

P

pokervike

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to recover all losses in one game is a sure way to lose everything.

7 - That's not because you won a tournament that you're a great player and is ready to become a pro. The best sportsmen in the world, in any form, has the humility to continue training for life.

WOW! you should hang out in the cafe' and explain this to every wide eyed kid with a hoodie and beats-by-Dre hanging around their neck. Very humble and honest approach at the game. The news stories we hear about are the top 1-2% of phenomenal circumstances. the other 98% missed a few cards. But that's most of what happens in poker. We miss a few cards! How we act after that happens is the make or brake long term.

If I can share a quote I read today from a Michigan State Football coach. "Don't find satisfaction. Satisfaction is what you get when something is done. Then it goes away. Find desire! Find desire and it will fill your heart and drive you forward" He said this at the end of a football practice! Not in the beginning which I find is unique. So after thinking about it for a minute it occurred to me how focused he has those kids. He's telling them not to consider getting through a practice as n accomplishment. He's telling them to WANT to start the next one! Go further! find more! After I broke it down to understand what he meant. you can bet I have that quote written down where I have to read it before AND after my next session/MTT/SNG

Great post, Great message. Great humility.
Thank You