Skill or luck?

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I play microlimits and very often I notice this, why are Brazilians often lucky? Yes, in almost every tournament there is 1 Brazilian who ranks top9 because they play well or are they lucky? Here's a look at a couple of hands where they won what they should have lost well, it's not fair.:(
I only show a couple of tournaments but I have this in almost every tournament

Last edited:
phoenixKK

phoenixKK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Yes ! Brasilians are dominating the on line poker tables nowadays.You have to get used to it because they are tough players even with bad cards.

S

samir77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel you man. I have not played a lot of tournaments but in whatever tournaments I've joined there are a lot of South Americans. Maybe because the numbers are more, the chances of being lucky is also more.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the micr limits players are much more aggressive and I find players brazil are even more so. Thus you will see more bad beats as they will often get it in while behind more than the average player. It’s definitely frustrating to play against. Especially after the tournament is over and the person you had all in and hit a 1-2 outer on the river ended up winning the tournament. It should have been you!

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the micr limits players are much more aggressive and I find players Brazil are even more so. Thus you will see more bad beats as they will often get it in while behind more than the average player. It’s definitely frustrating to play against. Especially after the tournament is over and the person you had all in and hit a 1-2 outer on the river ended up winning the tournament. It should have been you!

Yes, my friend, how right you are)

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

They are lucky for me, it also happens with the Brazilians they annoy me but hey they are some roulette players and it flies them but they also lost due to delirium yesterday at a final table ivan two brailleros chips leader and in a few minutes they were both eliminated for entering with mediocre hands! !!

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Opinion

It is not about their nationality or that they are the best, in the exposed hand it was just luck, because it was a very bad hand, and even so it wins, that often happens with many players, but in poker you can be lucky but it won't be like this all the time.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
This tread reminds me of the following quote, by Jesse May.
Poker is a combination of luck and skill. People think mastering the skill part is hard, but they’re wrong. The trick to poker is mastering the luck.

I wonder if some players from Brazil, have mastered the luck part of poker. I'm still struggling with that part of my game. But some day, some day, some day ...............:sleep:

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Some folks just run with more luck than others - in poker. I rarely get on even a small heater but do get lucky once in a while - in poker. I'm ok with that as I don't know how fortunate some players have been in other areas - such as life - but I have been blessed, so I'm running real good where it matters more to me...GL to all!

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can't be very lucky if you regularly play only with strong hands. On the contrary, you will have more bad beats that will always be there, because no one hand wins 100% of the probability. If there is at least a fraction of a percent to lose with the strongest hand, then it will definitely happen sometime, this is poker.

G

glittering_chemicals

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pictures are a bit blurry, but I think I read them correctly.

In the first hand, it's only 8.5 bbs to call. If they opponent from the button, they might be getting a good price to call and knock 2 players out, plus they still have 45+ bbs behind.

Hand 2 seems like a very loose call with A4s there. It doesn't look like a pko mtt, so no knockout bonus.

I assume the action went: you open, A4s calls, sb jams, you re-jam, A4s calls? If that's the case, I'd note opponent for willing to cold call big 3bets/3bet jams with suited aces and probably suited broadways and look to extract a ton of value from them in future games since they over value weaker hands.

B

BrazilBrazil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that because it's online it's very fast, many hands played in a short time, that's why it happens more often, but in live it also happens, I've witnessed several.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, I believe that skills will always be more important than luck. Although, without a doubt, both of these factors are very important. As for the Brazilian players, they almost all play very aggressively, but in fact rely only on luck, not skills. Although, of course, there are exceptions.

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the reason why there are so many Brazilians at the final table is simply because there are so many.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey
Of course, the players from Brazil are aggressive, I myself lost with AA to Brazilian C TT, but if we take your cards into account, I would not go all-in with them preflop against a bigger stack