Sit N Gos Vs. MTT

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing mostly MTTs on ACR trying to build my BR, what a grind. I am thinking of switching to Sit n Gos as they seem like lower variance and I may have the ability to increase my volume with them at the same time. Might be more profitable than Micro Stakes MTTs in the long run. Any thoughts?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing mostly MTTs on ACR trying to build my BR, what a grind. I am thinking of switching to Sit n Gos as they seem like lower variance and I may have the ability to increase my volume with them at the same time. Might be more profitable than Micro Stakes MTTs in the long run. Any thoughts?

Thank you for posting

SNG’s are a great way to refine your skills and with Colin and Katie here on CC you can get good advice

Definitely give them a try.

Hope this helps

jovan123

jovan123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good idea if I were you I would give it a shot your variance will lower quite conciderably also with 6 to 10 man sit n gos it will be easier for you to figure out the other players strategy easier as you will have more hands against a relatively small field....good luck

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for posting

SNG’s are a great way to refine your skills and with Colin and Katie here on CC you can get good advice

Definitely give them a try.

Hope this helps

Awesome! Thanks for your reply, I will have to try and find these Colin and Kate threads.

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good idea if I were you I would give it a shot your variance will lower quite conciderably also with 6 to 10 man sit n gos it will be easier for you to figure out the other players strategy easier as you will have more hands against a relatively small field....good luck

Ya 6 max might not be bad, I was going to do the 9 max because it pays 3 places on ACR and I believe the 6 pays two. But I guess either way the straught odds are 1 in 3. Thanks for the reply.

A

AssasinsNick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
micro stakes

I believe that micro stakes MTT allow you to practice and improve your style of play, in addition to earning a lot of money with little investment.

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that micro stakes MTT allow you to practice and improve your style of play, in addition to earning a lot of money with little investment.

Thats a very valid point. It is still important to keep the MTTs in my schedule as well, maybe just adding the sit n gos.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If you are avoiding cash games, then I would suggest a balance between SNGs and MTTs. I don't play much on ACR, but I can give you some general advice.

You also can simply dabble in the regular SNGs and find your niche. Remember, SNGs have some harsh variance as well, and they tend to be more susceptible to being filled with regs. With that being said, if you find fishy SNGs, these are the equivalent of ATMs.

Game selection is very important. Identify the most fish games, and play those the most. :)

FYI, the "fishiest games" tend to constantly change, so keep up on your observations on what games are good and what games are bad. :D

P.S. I have played a few of those "on demand" SNGs on ACR, and the micros seemed to be very fishy. Again, just find the games that you can crush, and then...CRUSH THEM! :D

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are avoiding cash games, then I would suggest a balance between SNGs and MTTs. I don't play much on ACR, but I can give you some general advice.

You also can simply dabble in the regular SNGs and find your niche. Remember, SNGs have some harsh variance as well, and they tend to be more susceptible to being filled with regs. With that being said, if you find fishy SNGs, these are the equivalent of ATMs.

Game selection is very important. Identify the fishiest games, and play those the most. :)

FYI, the "fishiest games" tend to constantly change, so keep up on your observations on what games are good and what games are bad. :D

P.S. I have played a few of those "on demand" SNGs on ACR, and the micros seemed to be very fishy. Again, just find the games that you can crush, and then...CRUSH THEM! :D

Thanks, for your reply, I will keep these in mind I definitely want to avoid those crushers at this point. I am hoping that most of the VERY skilled crushers are at the higher stakes, but I expect there are a few in the micros I will keep an eye out. And yes I have dabbled in the On-Demands I like them.

Andy

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Game selection is very important. Identify the fishiest games, and play those the most. :)

Good advice. I agree...find what games are most profitable and take advantage.

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good advice. I agree...find what games are most profitable and take advantage.

True True! I have just started the SNGs today and although it is a small sample size I have cashed in 3/4 so far, seems like this will be quite profitable for me if it keeps up this way and I play with proper BR management.

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
congrats on a great start. stay level headed and manage your br properly

dventura2350

dventura2350

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sngs will always be easier to win short term profit. But Mtts especially top 3 prizes is the big money. And that's what draws me in. It's hard for me to stray away from hu sngs. I find head up the fastest easiest way to make money

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sngs will always be easier to win short term profit. But Mtts especially top 3 prizes is the big money. And that's what draws me in. It's hard for me to stray away from hu sngs. I find head up the fastest easiest way to make money

Maybe I will give those heads up matches a try. In the 6max when I make final two I seem to win more often than not. True about the tournies, you cant beat those podium finishes.

K

Ktv2018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play MTT, I like the game and the adrenaline rush 🤪

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good option is to merge sng with mtts.
If it's 6-max / 9-max tables, you could do turbo tournament sessions together.
If you play tournaments with 180players, o, you can play together with regular tournaments

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SNGs have lower variance and play faster due to the lower number of players but they also offer lower prizes. Maybe it is really best to mix them.

C

Cezar23927

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit and GO are good, but nothing compare to tournament, when You reach a final table îs sucj a good feeling and also very good money when You win a tournament

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think the combination is the best option. Personally, I am a beginner, so most tournaments I play are freerolls. I think it is very important to play only what brings you the most profit. In my case, it is freerolls.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play both formats but I like SnGs more because they have shorter duration

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the combination is the best option. Personally, I am a beginner, so most tournaments I play are freerolls. I think it is very important to play only what brings you the most profit. In my case, it is freerolls.

Profit, but most importantly...fun! :D