simularities between poker and shares trading on the stock market

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We know that a good stock trader is most likely to be a good poker player.
Does anybody know a successful pro poker player or players who later become a successful stock trader or traders?
I mean know him or her by name.

If I'm not mistaken Dan Harrington is a stock broker of some sort.

At the final table of the main event when he took it down he offered a deal after every elimination, even offering free investment counseling to all other players, promising fortune to everyone, though everyone always disagreed since it was a once in a lifetime chance to play for $1m

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm not mistaken Dan Harrington is a stock broker of some sort.

At the final table of the main event when he took it down he offered a deal after every elimination, even offering free investment counseling to all other players, promising fortune to everyone, though everyone always disagreed since it was a once in a lifetime chance to play for $1m

Didint Dan Harrington go to College and study stock/share trading and that sort of thing with Bill Gates, the also both learnt poker at college.

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very nice articles. Seriously, there are many similarities between almost any two things that you can think of. Once you begin to understand this concept, you can begin in importing and exporting all your knowledge to and from your game.