Simple step to follow

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mainly in cash games, but u can do this in tournament as well...
I realize that a good strategy to follow in pokersites...
Of course it`s not a rule... but in most of cases when u couldn`t analyse ur opponent yet...
Just don`t try to find out bluffs in the game.... That`s the way u lose.... So if ur hand is not strong enough ... u should fold....
I know that it seems obvious for some of u... but if it`s not... u should try... be extremely tight and u `ll see better results... So... sometimes u will fold with better hands... of course... but it`s better then u lose everything...
I hope to be helpful for u....

Did u do it already? Does it work?

Regards

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree with you. I also think that the best strategy is just a cautious game with strong cards. According to statistics, for me it is the most effective style of play in the tournaments.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that in general new players do tend to either A.) bluff to often B.) Play radically too tight. Generally speaking it is far more risky to bluff way too frequently than to be too tight (especially since, in tournament poker there are times where we should play pretty darn tight).

I think this happens because bluffing honestly is very fun lol, and because bluffing is presented in pop culture as being an even bigger part of poker than it actually is. It seems like every major poker hand in a movie is one player trying to bluff out the second nuts haha. So I think players that are new to the game think they should be making radical bluff often because they’re under the impression that poker is played like that all the time.

You make an excellent point that not making huge bluffs is a great tip for beginners, because it actually can take a great deal of poker knowledge and finesse to pull off bluffs. It’s certainly an advanced skill!

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of information, when you play, you watch your opponents, how they play and with what cards, they win the showdown or lose, how aggressively they play, based on this information, you just think logically and when you are dealt cards, you you just have to know in advance how to play your cards, you have to think ahead, the distribution plan and all sorts of outcomes. You need to be able to adapt to your rivals, sometimes you can play the second and third pair, win the hand or not at all, if your opponent plays a huge number of weak cards, then waiting for the less card and not even getting into the top pair, you can win he has a hand out.