Showing winning bluff or folding??

C

CapdeCraniu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To never show is a rule of thumb.
If you show your cards, be prepared to get called more often.
Also, make sure that showing cards is not an act of ego.
The ego is your enemy. Usually. :)

Whompus

Whompus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Never

Really not a good idea to sho, but I will if I'm about to leave or just playing with my buddies.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I don't show my cards because I don't see any sense in it. I think the less information we provide to our opponents, the better for us.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely bluff. There is no time to show. Do you want the players to be nervous? I don't like someone doing bad. I love when they calmly give me chips without nerves.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not something i do, unless it's just a fun game with friends. Give your opponents nothing, do not give them the chance to suss out what you are up to. Don't let ego's get in the way, by showing a bluff, to prove some kind of macho behaviour, karma has a way of biting back in poker.

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a Bluff, but I think I'll start using this technique from time to time.lol

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show bluffs. Why give the opponent information about my game.

L

luckyrnmd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I turn out this option. It wastes time usually

018smitty

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to show a lot of hands. I turned on auto muck now so I can't show. I feel it is more of an advantage to keep them guessing.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything you do at the table can give information. Obviously showing one’s cards gives a lot of information. This information can come back to be very painful. I take notes quite often of cards that a player I see often displays. A pattern often exists and when this certain player bets at me it’s often the cards I know they like to play that helps me make a calculated decision.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my books whether I'm bluffing or not. I can't provide information about myself to other players.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't show, information has value, if you want to see it, pay. :evil:

D

Dartayvius2684

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Big Bluff

I Think it just gives u a little rush when hands start to sweat and u go all in with nothing hoping not to get called . Thats Poker I Love It Peace and Love Everyone

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely show cards. I don’t want to give away any information.

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will show when I feel is necessary, you can trick his reads by doing that, sometimes he will read you have winning cards and will fold, if you don't show he will assume his read was right, if it is a bluff and you show it to him you will start getting his confidence down... for winning and bluff hands!

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Just wondering what you guys do ... lol for me i almost show 90% of my bluffs so i can tilt the players lol
Bluff is one of the most difficult poker skills to learn, and one of the easiest to do at the table ;) .
For me I guess I can only show my cards if I'm heads-up, but if I do it in front of more than one player, in that case I'm forced to face all those players
:ridinghor

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just wondering what you guys do ... lol for me i almost show 90% of my bluffs so i can tilt the players lol

I rarely show, but that is me. I dont try to tilt players online like that. Maybe live though.

I might show online to look like a noob but this happens very rarely. For the most part I just never show. Live I will always muck if I can.

Logg

Logg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
showing

Showing for me is usually as a courtesy to someone who shows their own good fold. Showing as a bluff requires you to really mix up your play (ala David Williams) if it's intended to do any kind of tilting. One thing a good poker player knows is how to recognize patterns and memorize behaviors.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I 99% of the time do not show my cards, I see no point in it. I know I have shown once or twice because everyone did and second I showed a bluff because I beat a big mouth that was bad mouthing another player the whole game..

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is good at high stakes and cash games, but only if you know how to bluff:angel::angel:

Rocky87345

Rocky87345

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to never show regardless of if I was bluffing or had the nuts. I do this because I want my opponent to always think that he's beat so that I don't get caught bluffing if I have to bluff the same player more than once

M

mp3player

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is good at high stakes and cash games, but only if you know how to bluff:angel::angel:

yeah thats where i won the most and good amount too because when you play on big tourney there are very less donkeys. lol where as freebie peopel call even if they have nothing

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when playing online, it is much more difficult to determine when a person is bluffing, so if you are not quite sure of the strength of your hand, then most likely a bluff.

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course showing winning bluff because the more often you prove your confidence to your opponent, the less he will predict you

Jwl8092

Jwl8092

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
showing the bluff is always good for the game

Folding in Poker