show your cards when you fold

M

maykmar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My question is this, that you get to show your cards to fold? although already you lost your hand or you delivered so that they do, or show you just one letter, strategy? or to alleviate the fact that you lost your hand?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Why give an opponent extra information?

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i do sometimes to improve my table appearence or affect how people see me

Vladimir Smugly

Vladimir Smugly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards after the fall. It does not matter what kind of cards I had.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love it when other people show their cards. I usually make a note of what they played and how they played it in case I get into a big hand against them later. I ESPECIALLY love seeing when they fold the winning hand. That ALWAYS warrants a note!

I never show my own cards though.

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will occasionally show my hand when I want to project a certain image of myself. I'll show a bluff and then tighten up, or I'll show a premium hand and try a bluff.

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards and sometimes wonder why some do!

S

shair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I show my hand for given an image about me(but in next hands I can play in other strategy)

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
as for me, is pure Strategy, normally, I show a useless card, so that they migth think I am a normal Blufferr!

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only show my cards when I didn't play my normal style.

emk4976

emk4976

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will show my cards for a few reasons. If I limp reraise , or limp call with a strong hand and the guy folds I will show sometimes to let everyone know I use that play. That way in the future I can limp with suited cards and they wont raise me out. I will show a hand were I check raised from blinds when I flopped a strong hand if they don't call. This shows them that I defend my blinds, so stop trying to steal and that I trap. By them knowing I trap I can then get cheaper draws because they know I trap. I show a few hands to improve my table image of being tight and not raising with trash. I show strong hands on buttons from time to time to show that I'm not stealing in position. Since I am aware that I am giving this info out I switch up my play so its hard to tell. I have found that its easier to bluff after you have set up a solid table image that gets respect, by reassuring there reads from time to time makes them more willing to fold and give you respect for a hand, especially if you show them the same betting patterns when you had the nuts.

M

matnautico

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, no reason to give extra information to your opponents, unless you wanna setup some latter move.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I always try to reveal, the least amount of information as possible. Therefore, will not show my cards, if I do not have to.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely show my card at any time and even less when I fold. But I do on occasion show when I’m making a big fold. I show big folds because I make loose calls and by showing a big fold players tend to think that you can be easily bluffed.

Anatoliy73

Anatoliy73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't show their cards after the fall, why give the opponents information about your game.

A

Alpejczyk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Summing up all the answers you should ONLY show your cards if you now exactly what are you doing and what you are trying to achieve by that.

As some said you can show it to project a certain image of yourself when in reality your play is completely different.

Never show your cards just to brag, then you are just giving your opponents free information.

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer showing a bluf and nuts, so people think and cought a note about my play, but one little think that they don't know I like to change a game, so I do not play the same anytime.. it takes me advantage. Often situation is when they think I bluff but I'm not, and otherwise.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I show the card, but not always for the sake of respect to the opponent.

D

Denver225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only show a good hand a few times and then it will be possible in certain situations to log in with poor opponents will trust you that you only with good hands
or Vice versa to show the bad and then play good
depends on the situation you want to create

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My question is this, that you get to show your cards to fold? although already you lost your hand or you delivered so that they do, or show you just one letter, strategy? or to alleviate the fact that you lost your hand?
To give info about my style? No, thank you [emoji4]

E

effece

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think showing the cards is part of the strategy, either to make them believe that you always bluff or that you play with cards. once established this no longer shows and serves to force the game as you want.

Andrei Nesterenko1

Andrei Nesterenko1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why show your cards after folding? I do not see this in mind, you just give players at your table more information about the style of your game

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards when I fold or when I lose. I don't want anybody to know my playing strategy so they will not get any clues from my cards.

Folding in Poker