Show or Not Show

F

findybaby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are now many games on ACR that will allow you to show or not show your cards.
Is there a more stupid method of giving your opponents vital information about the way you play?
Is it ego or self importance that makes them do this?. I thank them for being severely stupid, but you won't catch me showing

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i have the option , i still rarely show . I do like to show a bluff if it's right B4 the bbl or when trying to put someone on tilt.

glgl

E

emzadii

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yea, don't show.

(however, I will - once in a very, very, very while - show my big cards that hits the board, to sorta "psyche" the opp that I'm not raising light, especially against the big blind opponent whom I've been stealing a lot from, even tho most other times I do raise light. I believe Jonathan Little also advocated this rare ploy in his book.)

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time I don't show. I have been at the table who will show after winning a hand especially if they are poor cards. This puts the idea that the player will play any two cards. So, the next time they are in a hand you have no idea what two cards the player could have. Makes playing against them very difficult.

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cards Showing

I believe it has to do with person's ego. Sometimes i hate it a lot when i get bluffed a lot of chips and then that person shows me his cards, i just lose concentration and play more riskier than before and lose.
Nicer would be not to show. But yeah people are people...

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
well ,,,, in my personal case I have rarely shown my cards in poker ... I really don't like doing it .... I think it's like telling the opponent which one of your strategists is

54m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like to show any hand. I cant tell about your play either when you fold to a bluff or when you bluff. Everyone would see it and maybe tag you with a note

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I don't usually show the cards like you say either! you give information to opponents when you play that way !!!

D

dnadeau1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the sequence... ill usually show some good hands to let people think i have a great hand.... then bluff...once in a while showing i bluffed to make them spin more

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if the opponent showed a bad hand, I immediately throw a note of what position and how I played it, I think it's a bad habit, if the bluff went well, let it stay that way, but you need to show big hands

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Show or no show is a tool that against the right person can be a good thing
Cheers!

Last edited:
C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it's always stupid to show cards. Maybe you want to balance your image on the table. If it seems like you're not bluffing enough or doing it too much, showing your cards may help to make you a bit less predictable. Furthermore, by showing your cards you can shape your image the way you like (when you don't go to showdown) and influence how your opponents will play against you.

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ll show just to build an image, if I’m hitting all night, I’ll show so people always fold when I don’t have it, vice versa if I want my nuts to be called, I’ll show bluffs in order to get called later down the road

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I absolutely agree with you. I also think it's nonsense to give my opponent more information about my game. I almost never show my cards. And to be honest, this new option only annoys me.

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hardly ever show, but every now and then I show some earned bluffs hehe

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't think it's always stupid to show cards. Maybe you want to balance your image on the table. If it seems like you're not bluffing enough or doing it too much, showing your cards may help to make you a bit less predictable. Furthermore, by showing your cards you can shape your image the way you like (when you don't go to showdown) and influence how your opponents will play against you.

This so much. You are looking for any edge you can find.

Whilst I generally do not show my cards, there are times when creating an image of your 'play' is a benefit- which could be from projecting a LAG or TAG style - you want to have your opponents guessing.

Adamantly asserting to never show your cards simply limits your play and how you can potentially influence others.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it,s better not to show your cards at all. Doesn,t matter what kind of tournament you are playing, opponents can have information about your gamestyle cause of that, so it,s better just to muck.
After this update on AmericasCardRoom i believe it,s better just to go to settings and click there always auto-muck the winning hand.
I,m not sure, where exactly it is, but somewhere in the settings. Just check it and it will save your nerves and time.

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's worth showing your strong hands when calling this challenge at the table

C

czibak75

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I realized it was better not to show my cards because that way my opponent doesn't know my game and that's good

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If want to see it, just pay... :cool: It takes work to "build" the bluff ;)