Short-handed play

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I absolutely love short-handed play, usually because it means that you have made it deep into a tournament. Occasionally it can be because of something else, like a new table just opened and isn't full yet, but I am specifically talking about when you have reached the final table and people are falling off.

Personally, I play this spot pretty aggressively if I have a decent chip stack relative to the blinds and other players. But I am wondering how everyone else handles these situations. Do you hold back and wait for others to battle with each other or are you the type that takes the battle to the other players?

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the blind structure. If blinds are going up pretty quick, then you've gotta play looser or get blinded out. If the blinds are going up at a decent pace, then bide your time and let the other players take each other out.

B

Bartown

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To me there is a lot to this and first is based on places left in MTT and my stack size. If it is 2 or 3 tables and we are playing 6 or 7 players and i have a strong stack I am bullying and applying pressure on the short stacks. If I am short I am looking for my spots to position raise are get it all in with best cards/position.

If it is the FT then I looking more at ICM and position/cards.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The worst part is when in FT almost everyone have a good stack and the push fold begins, only if is a K.O. tourney I accept, otherwise thats not my play style. I hold back, and wait my good hands anyway

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands