Is SharkScope or PokerTracker better for sng players?

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which one would be best for a sng player? I need to know which one to invest my money in

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well Poker Tracker is different than SS. SS also cannot be used on PS for example. SS uses a central database to gather info on people, then pulls that info up in front of you. PT allows you to do something of the same thing, as long as you gathered all of the info. The benefit is that PT also allows you to find leaks in your game and fix them. You can replay hands, see all kinds of stats on different hands/tourneys etc. I think you are better with PT (which you can download free and try the beta version right now). If you really want ROI stats on people, you dont need to pay for SS, just go onto OPR (official poker rankings). It is a bit more work that way, but you get the same info as SS offers for the most part.

Edit: I am not sure if it is current, but I see that it says you play at PS. You will get into trouble using SS there, as it is now banned.

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well Poker Tracker is different than SS. SS also cannot be used on PS for example. SS uses a central database to gather info on people, then pulls that info up in front of you. Poker Tracker allows you to do something of the same thing, as long as you gathered all of the info. The benefit is that PT also allows you to find leaks in your game and fix them. You can replay hands, see all kinds of stats on different hands/tourneys etc. I think you are better with PT (which you can download free and try the beta version right now). If you really want ROI stats on people, you dont need to pay for SS, just go onto OPR (official poker rankings). It is a bit more work that way, but you get the same info as SS offers for the most part.

Edit: I am not sure if it is current, but I see that it says you play at PS. You will get into trouble using SS there, as it is now banned.
How long is the trial for the PT3?

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PT3 > Everything

You will find it most handy when you have got a LOAD of games under your belt and you start running into reg's

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is supposed to run out next month I think, but it has been going on for a few months already. Whenever they feel that it is ready, they are releasing the full version. At least you get the chance to try it now, I would before getting SS. I have never bought SS, only used the freebie, but it doesnt impress me all that much. I guess for someone that only plays SAGs it would work.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide