shark vs donk

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Done but I used sharkscope since both sites work there and it's easier to read and so forth...

Dude! You've only played 30 tournaments. MrMuckets has played more than 4 times as many tournaments as you have. He has some wins as well as losses, just as you do.

Guess what someone else here has probably played more than 4 times the tournaments MrMuckets has played in.

I'm wasting my "breath". Your beautiful stats are for just 30 tournaments. I suck at math. I completely suck at math. I'm lucky when I'm in the zone and get my percentages right for poker. I'm that sucktacular at math! And even I'm not trusting your beautiful stats if you've only played in 30 SnG's.

That said, I still really wanna read your prevention for tilt. I know one prevention for tilt that's absolutely surefire. It's called, get ready for it...

Not playing poker!

But then, that's not happening anytime soon is it? We like it too much don't we? We dream about hands, watch videos and listen to podcasts, drool with much envy over bracelets and such...

But yeah, don't play poker and you're guaranteed to never tilt.

Just saying.

C

chainfire98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what will u say when i have 60 hands with similar stats, or 120? I aint going to change what works. I will prove you wrong. The pros limit their 'tilt episodes'. I have the patience and fortitude to limit them myself.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There you said the magic word! They limit their tilt episodes. Limit is key, but there's no way to avoid it completely, and believe it or not you can have a bunch in a row. I'm just saying, it does happen.

I know you won't change what works. If it really does work long term, then more power to ya. I couldn't be happier for you. I'm just saying, I'm going to have to wait for the long term. That's all.

I really do hope you'll prove me wrong. Nothing could make me happier.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay I dug around a bit. I have some more info and needless to say, I'm gonna drop it. No point trying to reason with someone who isn't open to it.

Yes chainfire98 you are a god. Whatever was I thinking to doubt you.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what will u say when i have 60 hands with similar stats, or 120? I aint going to change what works. I will prove you wrong. The pros limit their 'tilt episodes'. I have the patience and fortitude to limit them myself.

ok try like 1k+. Not saying anything about your ability but basing being a long-term winning player on 30 sngs is extremely naive. Sort of like all the pro cash game players who talk about their sustainable 7 PTBB/100 winrate after 5k hands. Sure you could keep it up, or you could even do better long-term (sorry haven't looked at your graph), but 30 sngs is an extremely small sample size. Figure you play ~100 hands average in one of those and that's only 3k hands? Again, try 1k+ sngs if you want a really accurate winrate, but at least have over 30 sngs before you talk shit about how good you are long-term at poker.

C

chainfire98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have 33 games under my belt now, give me a few months. No poker pro but i am good at $5 sng's. I will use brm to limit any downswings. And do my best to prevent tilt and show discipline to throw away moderate hands when there is 4 or more people at the table. I don't play garbage, and when i play great starting hands, i usually get paid off. I just have to play 2 or 3 hands (when i get paid off), and then i can sit and watch people get taken out by others. If i get any other monster hands, then i am involved. If not i'll make it to the itm and then turn on the aggression. \I know i have a small sample size. But i don't see any dramatic changes happening. Brm is used to prevent that. My br now can handle more then enough $5 sng losses. I am at $180 now. Will keep on rolling, baby.

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have 33 games under my belt now, give me a few months. No poker pro but i am good at $5 sng's. I will use brm to limit any downswings. And do my best to prevent tilt and show discipline to throw away moderate hands when there is 4 or more people at the table. I don't play garbage, and when i play great starting hands, i usually get paid off. I just have to play 2 or 3 hands (when i get paid off), and then i can sit and watch people get taken out by others. If i get any other monster hands, then i am involved. If not i'll make it to the itm and then turn on the aggression. \I know i have a small sample size. But i don't see any dramatic changes happening. Brm is used to prevent that. My br now can handle more then enough $5 sng losses. I am at $180 now. Will keep on rolling, baby.

Reads like "Cliff Notes" :D

---

C

chainfire98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
update: last 6 $5 sng 9 man tourney's

came in 1st for 3 of them
2nd place for another
the other two i busted out in 4, or 5th (bad beats qq vs kk etc.)

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
update: last 6 $5 sng 9 man tourney's

came in 1st for 3 of them
2nd place for another
the other two i busted out in 4, or 5th (bad beats qq vs kk etc.)

Well regardless of how good you may be, I hope you realize this is a heater. Even if you're one of the best you won't be coming in 1st place for half of the tourneys you play. That said, looks like you've got a handle, are good enough to win, and if you can keep up the BRM (ie when you do have the inevitable downswing of 10+ non-moneys in a row you don't tilt or go up in limits) then looks like you could get somewhere. Good luck.

C

chainfire98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know i won't come in 1st place for half. Just concerned with being ITM for a little bit more than half the tourney's. I have no desire to move onto $10 sng's until i approach the $300-$400 mark.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Worst Hijack Ever?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like others have said 30sng is a tiny sample and no way enough to judge your abilitys,need atleast 1k and 100k hands so your sample is in any way balenced out.
That said i hope u can keep up the good work;)

You are currently -22.56 profit on your pokerstars account ala Top Shark Poker Database | Free Sit and Go and Tournament Poker Rankings. You are rated a 10 and i am rated a King. You don't seem to be a very good player, at first glance, so your insults don't bear much weight with me. Thanks anyways :D
Correct me if im wrong but MrMuckets do u even play much on ps?
And chainfire u realize that these tracking sites dont track all torunements,i have about 400$ profit from CC privat toruneys and non of them is tracked because there privat.

And ye to end hijack nice article Muckets ;)

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You"re right Sindri, most of my time lately has been spent on the m and m networks, that's merge and microgaming. Working on building bankrolls there. Glad you liked the post.:):)

C

chainfire98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update *****

Been playing online poker for about a week and a half. While maintaining a full-time job and a social life! Started with $10 and now my bankroll is $323. Just wanted to tell someone about how much fun it has been and i look forward improving and getting better. I never thought i would be good at online poker, even if it's only at the $5 and $10 sng's. Good luck to everyone on the felt (just not against me)!

crockofdoom

crockofdoom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
C

chainfire98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly wouldn't read too much into the ratings on the site you put a link up for.I checked out my stats and it also has me as a King.LMAO.

I am not too concerned with ratings, I focus more on average profit and total profit overall.