Chips
Some days a shark most days a fish

G

Gallego1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm between fish and sharks. I've been playing long enough and don't consider myself a fish, but I don't consider myself a shark

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
fish very fish in my game I still need to improve in many aspects to be able to consider not being a fish haha ​​greetings from venezuela

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess am somewhere in between..

allinraw

allinraw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a shark in a big fish pond ��

Z

Zsali

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, this is a good question.
I've read 2 poker books from Dan Harrington (tournament poker strategy 1 and 2) and I'm familiar with odds, with positions, with ranges, with many things that a fish might not be familiar with, but I wouldn't say that I'm a shark.

I usually go in all-in situations with the most likely hand to win and I make racional decisions on how much should I raise or call.

All I could say is that I'm a clever and hard to catch fish at the pokertable. I eat many-many smaller fishes and I'm rarely outplayed but that happens, especially under pressures at the final tables.

On a rate from 1 to 10, I'd give myself around 6.5 - 7 on how good poker player am I.

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you knowing exactly why you bet, check or fold, what its purpose was - you are Shark.
If you're not sure - you're Fish.

Last edited:
F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fish. Can’t seem to find the right fold.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fishy Shark.:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fish ... but depending on the rivals I can become a shark

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the Dunning-Kruger curve for me. I'm at the point where I feel like a shark, but know I would be the fish at any top-tier table.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you define whether you are a shark or a fish? Just about whether someone makes a profit or not? Or the style of play? I mean a maniac may play like a fish from the way he plays, but he can still make a profit for a certain period of time. In terms of the style of play, I would call myself a shark. I try to have a tight and aggressive style of play. So far I have remained without any real profit. Maybe I'm still making too many mistakes, maybe the variance in poker is just too great or a mixture of both.
Plain simple. Shark knows whats goin on on the table, sees and smells players weaknesses. Sure there can be a bigger shark out there, the fact that you can smell it does not make you fish, you still a shark. But whan you dont smell it - then you are a fish. Even if you are winning. It could be just for some time. It could even be so sharks sitting near you just waiting for you to get fatter and juicier. Sooner or later shark eat fish.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apparently it all depends on who you will compare yourself with.
I don't think so. Sure there sharks of different sizes in the ocean, but the difference between shark and fish is quite strict. If you see a bigger shark thats good, seeing things is what basically make you a shark. You either do or you dont.