Shark or Fish

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Awards
On poker stars play chips, I am a shark, one of the biggest sharks in the ocean. :)
I doubt too many players have a bigger play chip bankroll, and recently I won the largest buy-in tournament that Poker Stars offers on the play chip side for us "free" Americans (that's a sick joke that isn't funny, but what else can we do but laugh at our idiot government for taking our freedom away?)

On ACR, I am a fish, I play at the micro level and don't win a lot. I'm not the worst fish on the site, but I'm certainly not having the same success as I have on Poker Stars.

So yes... we can be both a shark and a fish at the same time, it really just depends on who we are playing against, as the previous poster said.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
How do you define whether you are a shark or a fish? Just about whether someone makes a profit or not? Or the style of play? I mean a maniac may play like a fish from the way he plays, but he can still make a profit for a certain period of time. In terms of the style of play, I would call myself a shark. I try to have a tight and aggressive style of play. So far I have remained without any real profit. Maybe I'm still making too many mistakes, maybe the variance in poker is just too great or a mixture of both.

D

dregan

Visionary
Awards
I am neither one nor the other. I'm somewhere in the middle. Sometimes you have to act like a fish if there is no good card for a long time.

Argonaut

Argonaut

Rock Star
Awards
As a scuba diver, I have been close to sharks, but closer to other fish.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
I have been playing poker for 4 years, but I do not consider myself a fish or a shark. Although I have pretty good results and my bankroll is growing every month, I understand that I am actually a beginner. However, I just can't consider myself a fish or a shark.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Awards
I can rightfully call myself a fish. So you have a good chance to beat me at the tournament tables.

papapokera85

papapokera85

Visionary
Awards
Shark is the best style for me. But you can also go fishing))

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Undoubtedly a shark. When I started playing, I was a fish)
Now I have a bad period in poker, the downstreak has begun. I hope to get out of it with less losses, both in psychology and in money. Peace for everyone!:)

K

Kdp

Enthusiast
I am somewhat new to poker and do not have all the terms down. I know this is a stupid question... But what is the exact meaning of each of those terms? Is slow playing a shark? Or is going after it aggressively? What is a fish?

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
most likely I look like a little shark, I play small tournaments and give him little fish.)))

Nafor

Nafor

Visionary
Awards
I am somewhat new to poker and do not have all the terms down. I know this is a stupid question... But what is the exact meaning of each of those terms? Is slow playing a shark? Or is going after it aggressively? What is a fish?
Fish is someone who is new to the game, or it could be someone who has played a long time but never really learned the 'deeper wisdom' in poker and plays mostly for fun. A shark is hard to beat, someone who has put time and effort to the game, and usually wins in long term.

black and

black and

Visionary
Awards
It is quite difficult to answer you specifically, but given my results I think I am a donkey. :D