Chips
self-control is the most important thing in poker. For all aspects of the game

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's the most important thing! It doesn't really matter how good you are at poker, if you can't control your mind you will be ruined as a player.. you gotta learn to control your emotions... Otherwise poker won't work that well for you

I

icaroferrarini

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its realy hard for me when I dont believe someone have the hand which is drew on the table. lol I always think the other one is lying. Self control is life!

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's one of the most important things to become a good poker player. If you let your emotion affect you and you lost your control you will make many mistakes. And if there is a thing more important than self-control, I think it is studying, your knowledge about poker. You can not play well if you just have a little understanding of poker, especially modern poker. Top players even have to review their hands with others. So I always read books or watch analyzing from pro players to improve my play when I have time.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's #1.

If you want to survive and thrive in this game over the long run then you need a huge amount of discipline, work ethic and self control.

It's the "unsexy" truth that they don't want to tell you :)

C

chybaty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very important Topic, gambling can ruin the life. Everyone have to think about this