Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just do what the minority does to win.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't even understand the name giving... if you call old school the pre internet, online poker, basically it doesn't exist anymore. More or less, but everybody play online, even the older generation, who've started the poker before internet became availabe for the public.

Maybe the younger ones - as they grew up 24/7 plugged in the matrix - are better in, can handle easier the 10-20+ multi-table sessions, what probably older ones don't even do, but everybody plays more than 1 table, tourney online in the same time.... as this is one of the most important advantage.

CaSpeR851

CaSpeR851

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regardless of new or old school, what really matters is the results.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am for the old school. They read the opponent live better. And they are good online, too.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The old school and the new school as a whole don’t matter at all, the point is how well you can adapt to current poker trends. The fact is that the representatives of the old school have something to build on, but this can also be mastered and further developed by a new player.
So the point is developmental ability and quick adaptation to game change. One higher level of peak is that you don’t follow trends, but dictates trends.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
The old school and the new school as a whole don’t matter at all, the point is how well you can adapt to current poker trends. The fact is that the representatives of the old school have something to build on, but this can also be mastered and further developed by a new player.
So the point is developmental ability and quick adaptation to game change. One higher level of peak is that you don’t follow trends,

I agree with this, if anything new school players have adapted, look for eg. Online gaming, where u have to make reads when u cant dee your opponents, collect info and make decissions based on these

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was playing with the old school 50 years ago but I’ve been playing online 20! So what category do you put me in?

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New or old, both categories are pros so I would say 50-50

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The new school of course. But if we want the truth, we have to rely on both schools because they are really important, because a professional player is a professional in live or online poker, and if you mix the two schools we get the level of the new school

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think both generations are great and important to learn both.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Old school

Started playing mid sixties, there was no media involved just TV. Every generation will say that they have the best. Me I am all day old school. Capo1014

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The old school is far behind, these are modern realities.