Satellite Large stack bully, fair game or bad form?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I was playing in a satellite game in a table with the chip leader at my table. We are closing into the prize, the large stack was nearly 4X the chips required to make it into the money. It was down to the final 4 tables. He would reraise anyone trying to go into the pot or he would lead out.

Is fair play or bad form since he was already into the prize locked into the prize?

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's annoying but there is no rule that states big stacks have to sit out in these situations. I've also seen big stack bullies lose a couple of all-ins against shorter stacks then go on tilt and wind up bubbling the tournament themselves.

No one's locked into the prize until it's over, it's possible for bubble play to go on longer than you would think if short stacks keep doubling up.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I would say it depends on whether its a super satllite where all qualifiers are the sam or if it is a satellite that awrds more for better position. if the later is the case ,he is definetly justified to press his advantafe, In the other case only if for some reason he is in a hurry I would say he shouldnt be bullying.

Top 10 Games Poker Tells