Running sideways

Daquess

Daquess

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do when you get hammered on better hands(AK suited, QQ, etc) but every 58off or 24off is the nuts?

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Get up, leave, and come back and play another day.

Daquess

Daquess

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How about in a tournament.. especially a big one.. ��

Thanks for replying.
Get up, leave, and come back and play another day.

Last edited by a moderator:

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
stick with it, good and bad..

A lot of poker is card-luck, pure and simple.
As much good luck you run into, you will see an equal amount of bad luck, in the long, long run.

At some point, your luck is bound to turn. The trick is to lessen your losses while waiting for the luck turn.
If you're running really bad, take a break from paying to play. Stick with free-rolls and build some bankroll.

Since you can't control the card-luck, don't blame yourself for bad play, if you know you'd played it properly..

Maybe this post will help turn things around at the tables, good luck going forward.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Adhering to the game plan, I finish the session, marking such hands in parallel for a deeper analysis.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually do two things.
The first is to persevere and not go on tilt so you can take advantage of the next good hands.
The second thing I usually do is get up from the table if I feel like I won't be able to win that day.

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How about in a tournament.. especially a big one.. ��

Thanks for replying.

In tournament? Remain as calm as possible and resist the urge to punt lol. I'm usually waiting for my spots, playing my range vs my opponents instead of my specific hand. I'm also looking for spots to bluff, especially vs passive opponents that do a lot of folding.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do when you get hammered on better hands(AK suited, QQ, etc) but every 58off or 24off is the nuts?
Don't give up. All bad beat losing streaks end, eventually.

N

Nusya

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I continue to play and believe that it was a fluke or an accident.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do nothing. I continue to play as always. I'm just waiting for good situations and for the mistakes of my opponents. In such a situation, only patience leaves us a chance to get the desired result.