flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When you are running cold and having a bad card day, can you shut it down and come back and try again tomorrow? I played yesterdays CC freeroll at GG and ran my all in AA into 88, and an 8 flopped - so out. Went to PS and playing $3.50 sit n go when hand below happened. So off of the computer (had enough fun) - play again next day...

CardsChat Poker Hands Converter

S

smjohnson26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah at the end of the day. Your poker game can easily be affected by emotions. I will step away if I've taken a few bad beats that have affected my emotions

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

If so, when there is a bad day you have to cut it and come back the next day, I really liked your phrase of life! I fully share that saying, cordial greetings and blessings and successes at the poker tables!

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Cheers

If so, when there is a bad day you have to cut it and come back the next day, I really liked your phrase of life! I fully share that saying, cordial greetings and blessings and successes at the poker tables!

Really appreciate your comments - all the best to you as well...

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My suggestion to you is when you start running bad and switching sites doesn't work, take some time to watch other players instead and see if you can learn something while you cool down.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Next Day Fun

and again at GG - they had out the beatings like no other

Attachments

• GG July 22.JPG
    GG July 22.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 27
VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

There are days when you don't win, you have a bad day, and there are others that you win with any card. I recommend you rest, breathe fresh air and tomorrow is a new day.
Always receive the days with a good attitude and it will go well for you.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes for sure - next day and be positive. This last hand above KK was worst hand of 4 when all was said and done - I had no chance this day as well. Cheers!

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, consider first that your game isn't affected by the beats (whether they're good or bad, then apply what the pros teach, make a plan and stick to the plan, no matter what the beats are like. If you planned to play 10 MTTS - Play the 10, you shouldn't play 5 when it goes wrong or 20 when it goes well, but always 10.

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and again at GG - they had out the beatings like no other

Running up against AA there when short stacked, i'll admit that blows. However, the (most likely snap ****ing calls by the other 2) calls by the others really gotta sting. So yeah, i'll just take a break for awhile at least if not just go do something else with my day. Just a game for me, so i've found it's best for me to come back to it another day.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also believe that a break and rest in such cases is the best option. For me personally, a break and rest changes absolutely everything. After a break, I always play more focused and usually have better results.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
yeah that one will sting for a while. I can normally call it quits when i'm running bad.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You did the right thing by logging off. Its easy to go on tilt after a few bad beats.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I also have days when I lose game after game even with strong cards in hand. I tell myself that today is not my day and I try not to play anymore. Another day comes and fortune smiles at me, garbage cards bring victory .

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nowadays it's a lot easier for me to stop to play poker in a bad day than years ago. I used to always try to recover my losses after bad beats, but I don't do this anymore.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are running cold and having a bad card day, can you shut it down and come back and try again tomorrow? I played yesterdays CC freeroll at GG and ran my all in AA into 88, and an 8 flopped - so out. Went to PS and playing $3.50 sit n go when hand below happened. So off of the computer (had enough fun) - play again next day...

Greetings to your friend! I completely agree with you if you are feeling bad or you are not in the mood then it is best to postpone your games to the next suitable day! Your negative emotions or ill health can greatly affect the game and certainly not for the better! Your reaction and thinking will be completely different and it will be difficult for you to concentrate on the right game, and this may lead to the loss of part of the bankroll! I wish you to be always in the mood and healthy, as well as good luck at the tables and great victories!

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I play an average of two to six games a day, morning noon and night. If I win my first game in the morning, then I allow myself to play another. If I lose, then I wait until the afternoon to play again. There is always something to do around the house. Same thing in the afternoon and the evening. That way on a winning day I often get in six games, but only two or three on a losing day.

IronMike9000

IronMike9000

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Journal a note to yourself about how bad you feel at the end of a bad beat session that you didn't walk away from. Read that note when you hit your next cold run, it will help you stop

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
That's an unpleasant situation, I agree man. I can say that I see such situations all the time in the tournaments...Yestarday it was like a trolling from the cards or something, because players went all-in with pair of 5, 6 or 89o versus AKs AA KK AQo and so on and literally EVERY time the lower pair won becuase of threes, flashes, straights etc. that was LOL to see this time ater time in one tournament.

My thought about that is that's why (probably one of the reasons) we need to play multiple tourneys or tables at one time, because you never know what will happen on this particular table. And multiple tables give you more situations and on a distance you would surely say they AA KK AK and so on hands will have much more win rate against pretty much everything. As a very simple example if you play 4 tables and will go all-in with AA you will probably win 3 out of 4 (not for 100% of course, but I hope you get my point!).

It's not a bad descision to stop playing this day if it is affects your game of course, no one knows yourself better and you need to feel comfortable to play, so do what you need to feel comfortable...Anyway , cheers man, we all know that poker is a ruthless game and I prefer to focus on a positive emotions it gives, I hope you have them a lot as well! 👊👊

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to continue to play regarding of RNG cards even if you run bad
That happens for all of us

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unfortunately i often cant because i get triggered and want to win at all cost .

but as a poker player it is very important to know when to stop and take a break . i have to work on that

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It always happens to me, poker is like that, you don't always win, it's more the pair of AA is not invincible! :unsure:
Lately I take breaks in playing!

M

majaverick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Yeah at the end of the day. Your poker game can easily be affected by emotions. I will step away if I've taken a few bad beats that have affected my emotions
I completely agree. Maybe your bad beats are bad decisions because you are affected by your emotions.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Sad, but it happens.

Today I had a cooler with AA vs KK... his KK won on the flip preflop in an $11 tournament in the final stretch.

Whompus

Whompus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you get mad and blow your whole bank role a few times you'll learn how to walk away.. live to fight another day..