Running 2 or 3 times, Losing or Winning?

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very often when I played live games people asked me to run 2 or 3 times when they were behind and I never refused to do it, on the other hand a LOT of people refused upon my request and for my on sake and sanity I make a list of those who I gave the chance and those who denied me that same chance.

So what are your thoughts and actions when this situations come?

Do you accept the offer even when you are upfront but its a close, like for example a pair vs flush draw?

Or you straight deny it without any considerations?

Sign of respect or weakness?

Say below in the comments!

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Just like I've always disabled the takeback function in online Chess because it's cheesy and desecrating (e.g. someone misclicked and begs you to allow to undo that move), I dislike anything which goes beyond the normal ruleset. At any game I play (not just cards) I neither grant nor expect mercy.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Very often when I played live games people asked me to run 2 or 3 times when they were behind and I never refused to do it, on the other hand a LOT of people refused upon my request and for my on sake and sanity I make a list of those who I gave the chance and those who denied me that same chance.

So what are your thoughts and actions when this situations come?

Do you accept the offer even when you are upfront but its a close, like for example a pair vs flush draw?

Or you straight deny it without any considerations?

Sign of respect or weakness?

Say below in the comments!

I don't particularly like this action, it just increases the variance.

M

mp3player

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah this will definitely decrease variance. This will always favour a losing hand.

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Rnning it twice is fine to lower variance however, if you 90/10 - sometimes you should just say no

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never run it twice ,once ,as it was ment to be

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that everyone should be responsible for their actions, there should be no concessions, if you make a mistake, be able to recognize and accept it. You can’t give in because in poker everyone is on an equal footing.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I run it once only..

If there is a lot on money on a pot maybe i run it a couple of times, just to be sure

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
usually when I'm in a situation like this I analyze the player well and see what hands he played that way if I bluff him he really has the right hand, when he's actually doing it 2 or 3 times I always go for him with everything and I know that he is really losing!

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It is good for those who are far behind. A good chance not to lose everything.