quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Curious if some would consider this table talk angle shooting:

I'm in late position online short handed game with KK, guy two seats ahead of me raises, I 3 bet him, folds back to him. Effective stacks sizes little over 200bbs.

He starts typing in chat "run it twice?" "should we run it twice?" "you want to run it twice can we?"

The site is designed so that run it twice auto runs when two players are all in and both have "run it twice" turned on.

I don't respond and he tanks for about 45 seconds then shoves all in.

I call and he shows AA vs my KK, first run he hits a set, second run he hits two pair. gg.

I took it as both an angle shot and a slow roll. It'd be different if we both flipped our hands over and had a chance to ask the other or determine if run it twice (ie in a live game they both flip over before flop and AA asks KK "how many times you want to run it?"). But this just seemed unnecessary given the online setting combined with the tanking.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he is just playing you, no need to overthink, this is standard set up nothing you can

whether it's run it twice or not you are doomed

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think maybe your just salty about how the hand turned out this time.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In such deep stacks with 200bb I would not rush to call 4bet allin with KK. It is advisable to understand who you are playing against and how experienced this player is. And yes, it's very hard to fold such cards. This is where we differ from the professionals in that we cannot distinguish that fine line. To understand, you need more experience and a solid theoretical base.
Although who knows how I would play against this opponent, there are many nuances and only some of them I can apply, since I am not such a strong player and not so lucky

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think that it is angle shooting. Definitely he is trying to fool you to call his all in shove making you think that he has weaker hand. This happens though in live games also. Fishing for information by asking questions or trying to fool the other player is part of the game.

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand how this would be angle shooting. What's he gaining here? I mean yeah you ran into KK vs AA, that's one of the biggest coolers there are. There's not really any way to not lose your stack.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Curious if some would consider this table talk angle shooting:

I'm in late position online short handed game with KK, guy two seats ahead of me raises, I 3 bet him, folds back to him. Effective stacks sizes little over 200bbs.

He starts typing in chat "run it twice?" "should we run it twice?" "you want to run it twice can we?"

The site is designed so that run it twice auto runs when two players are all in and both have "run it twice" turned on.

I don't respond and he tanks for about 45 seconds then shoves all in.

I call and he shows AA vs my KK, first run he hits a set, second run he hits two pair. gg.

I took it as both an angle shot and a slow roll. It'd be different if we both flipped our hands over and had a chance to ask the other or determine if run it twice (ie in a live game they both flip over before flop and AA asks KK "how many times you want to run it?"). But this just seemed unnecessary given the online setting combined with the tanking.

Thoughts?

Angle shoot is not a thing online like that. And it also is not a slow roll because he acted and then you called. So he did nothing wrong.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Angle shooting is doing something that some would consider unethical and often involves a borderline rule violation. This is far from angle shooting.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, slow roll, yes, angle shot, I dont see how

WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was not an angle shoot, he was just trying to talk you into a call. You could have had QQ or JJ in this spot and could have folded considering it was a 200bb shove. He knew that so was trying to look weak.

And as we all know: when the opponent is trying to look weak that means he's strong, and vice versa. Works in 90% of the time. So yes, I agree with the previous comments, that given what he was typing in the chat before shoving, you should at least consider folding KK.

Its tough to do, but at least thinking about it is a good habit, because only this way your brain will remember all the details of the hand, and maybe in future, you will have a chance to get away from a cooler or two in similar spots.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think your opponent did anything ethically wrong...he tried to get you to call...as for others saying that you should think about folding KK in this case...I seriously doubt that 99% would even consider it...taking 15 seconds to think before you called is just drama. You played it the only way you could, and ran into a "Cooler".

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

He was playing and had the rewards that will be things that happen in the game, do not take it so personal greetings!