Royal-flush twice in a row. What is the probability?

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
We all know that the rarest hand in poker is the royal flush. Some players have not collected it for many years. Collecting a royal flush is a rarity. Collecting it twice in a row is a miracle. It succeeded. It was an American poker player - Alex. The probability of such an event is 0.00000004%. Think about it. Unfortunately, he only managed to earn about $100. But this is an extremely rare event that can be compared to random typing. Do you know what should happen? The generator should be running until this post appears. Each word must be in its place.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my random number generator works with the same probability, I got 7 2, 7 3, 7 4.7 3 and something else with a seven yesterday in five hands

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Royal flush twice in a row — it's just incredible. odds 1:1 000 000. Most likely, this happens every ten years, given such a number of players. In my entire poker game, I only had a Royal Flush once.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think you have more chance to win jackpot in loto........the chance too just have one time royal flush is down so......

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, it is very rare to assemble, but I already collected it once and almost collected it a second time, but it didn't work out

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Statistics serve to guide us in terms of neutrality and 'standard'.

The chance you have of making a royal flush after you have just made one is the same as that of making any hand.
I mean... if it was 0.00000004% it will be 0.00000004% in the next one because the previous event doesn't influence the later one.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow..unfortunately to him no one had a good hand to make him more money..
I think I don't make 2 royal flushes in NLH in a year...imagine in a row..lol

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
We all know that the rarest hand in poker is the royal flush. Some players have not collected it for many years. Collecting a royal flush is a rarity. Collecting it twice in a row is a miracle. It succeeded. It was an American poker player - Alex. The probability of such an event is 0.00000004%. Think about it. Unfortunately, he only managed to earn about $100. But this is an extremely rare event that can be compared to random typing. Do you know what should happen? The generator should be running until this post appears. Each word must be in its place.
Not sure but I think I've seen it twice in one week. I certainly have a healthy collection of screengrabs. This is one I had 16 years ago.

Attachments

• royal-flush.jpg
    royal-flush.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 9
jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Only once in my life did I do that.
I have tried it several times but only once successfully.
Cheers;););)

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything is passible. Even such situations. Unfortunatelly royal flush doesn't always appear in importand hands. I had it yesterday during freeroll-tournament. Bank was small. And for me it was just one small win hand.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

The chance you have of making a royal flush after you have just made one is the same as that of making any hand.
I mean... if it was 0.00000004% it will be 0.00000004% in the next one because the previous event doesn't influence the later one.
Like this?

Of course not, you need to take into account two unique actions, and you cannot take into account one event in isolation from the other.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Like this?

Of course not, you need to take into account two unique actions, and you cannot take into account one event in isolation from the other.

'The Gambler's Fallacy is the mistaken belief that if an event happens more frequently than normal during a given period, it will happen less frequently in the future, or vice versa.
Every roll of dice, or flip of a fair coin, or dealing of hole cards in Hold'em, are independent events that follow random process.'

It is common for people to think that the previous event will influence future.
That's why we need to understand what statistics are all about, not to fall into 'fallacies' like these!

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Twice in a row is something incredible. Yes, it is possible, but the chances tend to zero. In my entire short career, I collected a royal flush 3 times

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips

I agree with you, but I was talking about something else.
The probability of a royal flush is 0.0002%.
And after it fell out, the probability of its falling out will also be 0.0002%.

However, the probability that this will happen twice in a row will be negligible - 0.00000004%. The chance of such an event is less, because it must occur exactly twice in a row. Here we do not evaluate events separately from each other.
And one player succeeded)

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
twice in the same tournament, a real rarity

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Perfect!
I thought that when you had referred to 0.00000004%, you were already indicating the possibility of Royal at once and not multiplied by the 2 events.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I had 3 or 4 royals for 10 yeas, so it`s really unbelievable to see them in a row.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have bigger chance to meet an alien than this :)

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you have a link to this? I assume that someone recorded such a rare event

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's incredible that such an event happened. But when we say that the probability of repetition remains the same mathematically, we must understand that this probability is conditional, not guaranteed. Such an event may not happen again for many years. Let's hope it happens again soon. Because it's cool.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There is a 100% chance that this will happen at all.

If a royal flush comes up, then the probability that it will be in the next hand is exactly the probability of a royal flush )))

If we take a distance of N hands, then there is a very complex formula that describes the probability that during these N hands a royal flush will be 2 times in a row. And if N tends to infinity, then this probability tends to 100%

And above, the probability is simply calculated right in the next 2 distributions to get 2 times a royal flush. So it is not entirely correct to consider after this event has already occurred. It makes sense to count only at a distance. Maybe this player has been playing for 30 years and only recently caught this event )))

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The probability of such an event is 0.00000004%. But this is an extremely rare event that can be compared to random typing. Do you know what should happen? The generator should be running until this post appears. Each word must be in its place.
And there are 560 characters in this text, including spaces, periods and commas, so the probability of random typing this particular text is P < 1/{26+3}^560
And this is "slightly less" than 0.00000004% )))))))

Last edited:
Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Twice in a row is somewhat unusual. Yes, it's possible, but the possibilities are more difficult. I think I only did it once in my entire life haha. -

Yermek

Yermek

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very rare combination, almost unbelievable twice in a row

Full Flush Poker