Royal Finish or Patience

nobodysf00l

nobodysf00l

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So it's one of those hands you find yourself in that perhaps you wish you weren't. I'm sitting pretty good going into the half time break in a Voodoo Qualifier tourney and I find myself call ing- smooth calling - with the Q-10 diamonds. Enemy started this hand with a 3 bet that I just called with chip stack health allowing. I figure the enemy for the AQ - AK, probably suited, with an over pair within his range per previous hands I've watched him play. I like this hand in general for it's range and odds...

FF to the turn with the enemy going all in with 2 aces on board, AD & AC, making quad A's a definite possibility The JD & xx complete the board so far with a RF v Quad A's showdown a possibility. I am not in the mood to be bullied.

nobodysf00l

nobodysf00l

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Royal Finish

So it's one of those hands you find yourself in that perhaps you wish you weren't. I'm sitting pretty good going into the half time break in a Voodoo Qualifier tourney and I find myself calling - smooth calling - the enemies 3 bet with the Q10D and my chip stack health allowing. I like this hand in general for it's range and odds. I figure the enemy for the AQ - AK, probably suited, or with an over pair and within his range per previous hands I've watched him play....

...a FF to the turn finds the enemy going all in with 2 aces on the board, AD & AC, making quad A's a definite possibility. The JD & xx complete the board so far with a RF draw v made Quad A's showdown a definite possibility. I am not in the mood to be bullied and the odds are good enough, along with the RF draw, that calling looks like a chance at a wipe down that will increase my chip stack by 40%.

Putting all doubt out of my mind that perhaps I should not take a shot at completing the ultimate hand battle with a win, I call and I guess it was just one of those times Providence smiles upon you and produces what could be called a miracle. The KD comes on the river and I look like the smartest player to play the game of poker since the Legendary Doc Holiday was king of this craft. Was it a smart call? Should I have played the hand the way I did? Whatever you call it I can at least strike this one off the Bucket List...and...sometimes better lucky than good!

Last edited: