The River

A

asalco94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fifth card of the table, the one that decides most of the pot, so you have a 5 or 90% to win a hand, lately I have been eliminated on the river in the last tournaments that I participated having a lot of advantage in the percentage but is this done is poker, do you have any anecdotes with the river?

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well keep getting the money in when your the 90% poker is one long game you will come out ahead with those odds

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fifth card of the table, the one that decides most of the pot, so you have a 5 or 90% to win a hand, lately I have been eliminated on the river in the last tournaments that I participated having a lot of advantage in the percentage but is this done is poker, do you have any anecdotes with the river?
I have made a previous post on how I have lost on the Rivers “When having the best hands PER-FLOPS” when “in ALL-IN situations” for approx. the last four years on a certain top tier poker site.
I got a bunch of [know it all’s] who disbelieved my statement, so I decided to create a spread sheet as of March 1 of this year for all my “Freeroll instances” that were crushed when having the best hands.

So stay tuned, it may take a while before I can display the results on this forum since I am only playing in freerolls lately. This was due to my lack of trust, on so many of these online sites, that I intentionally stopped depositing funds into them.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am always surprised especially now a days that most players don't want to see the river, or turn for that matter. Best 5 out of 7 is the game. That being said, I do hate to lose on the river, especially when someone doesn't even have a draw until the turn.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
And it's always a shame to lose with a flush from behind the river. The fourth card in the suit and the bank goes to the guy with the ace...:D

ruswolfhound

ruswolfhound

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The magic river on the PS more than once introduced me to the tilt, although I think this is in all the poker rooms

Xesh

Xesh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is also in real poker there .... just online you play more

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it's very bad when I have a good combination on the flop and my cards interrupt a flush or full house on the River, and it's bad when you lose all the chips or a lot of money, yes River
a decisive card that can and for you come to win!

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i has lost some good hands in the river, some times i try to win before the river, i only play until the river little pots and nuts, a big bet can make me be afraid to call, but if you don't like to play with risk is impossible to play poker, you can't count only with good hands and good rivers all the time.

Some time the river card is good to try bluff, play atention in the players, in who situation their make a bet or just call, look at the position and the amount of chips, your image at the table is also important.

B

BigSlick20

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 out of the last 4 tournaments ive played i have been beat out on the river.

J

Jimboskie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will get just as lucky on the river as your opponents (it's a part of the game). Keep making the right moves and they will pay off in the long run.