DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's in human nature to make connections to events, even if they can't really have any bearing on each other. Whether it's a tennis player bouncing the ball a certain number of times before a serve, or someone wearing a lucky pair of underwear, we all have habits and rituals that we end up doing.

What sort of superstitions and rituals have you developed whilst playing poker? I've gotten into a habit of making myself a cup of coffee in every 5-min break in a tournament. The last 3 time's I've skipped doing it, I've always gone out in the next few hands after coming back, usually in spectacular fashion.

I know logically theres no relation, but now I feel uncomfortable not dashing to the kitchen to make a coffee when the break starts.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Drinking coffee too often can be detrimental to your health.
Personally, I do not have any special rituals, and I do not believe in omens, but usually after the game session, I go to the shower and then go to bed.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My ritual is to meditate during the break.

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Drinking coffee too often can be detrimental to your health.

Well at the moment, I'm only having one or two during a tournament. May be better for me to switch it up and have tea instead of coffee

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its funny how every live poker community has its pair of cards you love to play preflop (with no apparent reason).
In few poker groups of friends it was Q9, 86, 95 etc. Like people believed this is the one lucky combination which brings the big pots.

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I might be a little superstitious about playing the next hand after I win. I like to keep the momentum going, unless Im in the SB or BB. Probably a bad habit.

And I love my snowmen!

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe in black cats theory, find every time I play and do well, it all crashes down when my cat shows up.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Well at the moment, I'm only having one or two during a tournament. May be better for me to switch it up and have tea instead of coffee

I drink coffee only in the morning. I only play poker in the evenings and at night, so I usually prefer tea while playing.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't observe any rituals during the game! I just try to play well rested and attentive!

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Some rituals are good things, for example, if you have a ritual that is to walk 10 steps when you get a bad beat, I think this "ritual" works for you very well:)

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
So far, my only ritual is a cup of coffee before the game. That's enough for me. I used to smoke, but recently I quit and hope I got rid of this habit forever.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Personally I don't have any rituals or habits that I have to do to work, well, :)just play:)

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't believe in suppositions I think if you have a focus and fight for your dreams and have a lot of faith you will conquer all of them!