Ridiculous bluff ever

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It wasn't a bad idea to try to bluff, but I think in hindsight the final stab was not a good play. His opponent had 4-bet the flop and then strongly bet the post-flop, then raised your check-raise. How much evidence did Blom need that this guy had an ace?

Edu4594

Edu4594

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe he was too tired and can not think right, or was on tilt.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bingo bluff

Raise, reraise and stupidity rules.

A

aleksohr

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the worst bluff ever for me .

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The epitome of results oriented thinking. Yes, everyone's laughing at Blom here, but hail Durrrr as a "genius" when he does this with hands a lot worse than K2s.

Blom was in a very late position, and made a loose raise against an amateur player. It's not a bad hand for a LAG-gish move here. It can flop 2nd nuts (1st nuts if the Ad rolls off). The most questionable play here was that re-raise from A7-off. That's not a hand I like to fool with, especially behind a raise. Flatting would be questionable, as the only safe flop is 77x. An A7 flop is likely to leave you with a dangerous top and bottom two pair. Top Two puts straight draws on board. Pairing aces leaves you with a weak kicker, and pairing sevens is nothing to get excited about, even if it's the top pair that leaves a lot of overcards that can drop on the turn, and ESSSSS-loads of straight draws, and made straights.

Two aces roll off, including the Ad, giving Blom a back door to the A-high flush. Since there are two aces on board, he would have no reason to expect Munns might have one, but he could certainly represent one by leading into that board. So Blom was trying to rep the hand his opponent happened to have, got called, missed his backdoor flush. Oh well SUX to be him.

Still, he could have a lot of hands that beat Munns' seven high. I don't know if Munns had a good read here, or if he played it like any rec-fish: "Me has tree aces! Me calls!" without regard to whether or not Blom just might have had a Big Slick, which he could easily have had.

If it had gone the other way, Munns decided Blom had a Big Slick, or related hand, and folded to the AI, would they still be calling this the most ridiculous bluff? Or would they be calling it a genius bluff?
Best explanation.

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He really wanted to use the toilet but did not know how to leave the table

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"You don't have to have a hand, just the will to put your chips in the middle". IF he thinks Munns is capable of a fold there, it's not terrible. I don't have the balls to pull it off though, I'll tell you that.

Kavaleits

Kavaleits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Crazy play by Blom, but who dont make mistakes? all people do mistakes... so no problem! I think for Blom this lost is nothing big.

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
But Bloom saw the visitor's card played from your and thus decided to bad decisions, but not ridiculous.

pauloprcds

pauloprcds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's such a ridiculous bluff, and Viktor Blom IS NOT A RIDICULOUS PLAYER AT ALL .
He's probably one of the most smart players in the world, yes, he is extremely aggressive, but the guys is a genius, sometimes he will over bet with it, and people call ..
He crushes wherever he play, against the bests of the world.
Today he's crushing mixed games.
About the bet, I think he made a good bluff, if the guy have the A, he would call most of the time, not raise, and even when the guy have it, if it's a weak ace (like he had), IT'S A TUFF CALL.
Goog call tho, but I think that he only made it because it was Victor the other guy, and every one knows his style ..