Rhetorical Decisions - Poker Polling Station :)

Call or fold?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello poker fans,

Correct me if I am wrong, but ...

There are calls that you must make as a poker prayer, oops I mean player!

Take a look at the attached and vote on your decision.

The question being:

Will you call or fold in this spot? Why or why not?

Attachments

• What is your vote.JPG
    What is your vote.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 34
roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FOLD. 2 all ins in front of me so i expect im behind. also its early, i only have 30 invested. ill wait for a better opportunity.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold, we are still deep enough to find better spots with more equity than racing it off 3 ways imo

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In ignorance of the tells on players at the table I would do fold.
UTG's and MP's+ moves might be reasonable due to their situation and positions in the view of their stacks. You are sitting on SB and you are not last, moreover, with AT in multipot (if BB will decide to call) your side is not much fancied.
In addition, you can use this odds chart for your consideration:
Screenshot 1
Good luck!

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If the choice is call or fold, I fold. I would almost never call here.

If the choice is call, fold, or shove, definitely not call. Fold or shove depends on many factors. It's usually going to be a fold for me.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold.
I assume that it is a regular speed tournament and the players are playing seriously xD.
Of course a million factors will play their role on my decision here... but I skip them xD aaand..
UTG player has 'enough chips' to wait for a decent hand to shove. Since he shoves UTG he has a decent hand and we are possibly at the bottom of his range.
Same goes for MP plus he wants to shove when he finds the opportunity to do it and decides to call UTG's shove. He holds a decent hand too. Sure he has no time cause blinds will eat him but he doesn't do this call lightly.

I think we are more likely dominated or flipping for half of our stack.
I feel that better opportunities will arise on the future so I pass.

Just for fun.
If it is a satellite or DoubleOrNothing bubble I fold even AA because we already have a winner :p

Hmm I'm trying to think of a situation where I call. (or probably better shove)
Maybe if I know that they are both doing it lightly all the time and it's a KO tour who knows xD.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Based on the information provided i will fold in this situation. You have raise from early position after you, all in and call. It is highly likely that at least one of the two all in players have pair. Even if it is low pair (lower than TT) it is 55% favorite against your ATo. Another high possibility is at least one person to have broadway cards like KQ, KJ, QJ where you are just 60% favorite. Worst case is someone to have AJ, AQ, AK or pair higher than TT which leaves you with just 25 to 30% equity.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone,
I made the call.

My reasoning was that my tourney is at risk only if player 9 shoves and that is another call I am willing to make. If he does not, then I am willing to continue playing with the 850 or so chips that I have left.

Is that poor thinking in this spot?

I found it almost irresistible to call here.

Thank you for the chart RedGnom.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To fold, A10 is not a card with which you can call

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for your votes and great advice everyone. 80% in favour of folding. Well done!

The devil made me do it. :)

For those of you who are curious about the play, check out the Boom - click here

I deserve to lose every last chip that I did.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember what I finished in that tourney.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely fold. The first player to go all-in probably has at least an A10 or 22 and up. The other player calling definitely has those types of hands. Pick a better spot to make a stand.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not looked at other answers, so sorry if this has been already said.

I am assuming a tourney here.

You have an EP AI and an MP caller (with a small raise to anyone else who gets involved). Is there any reason for you to think you have their ranges dominated with what is basically a trash hand to call 2 all-ins with?

A To is easily dominated, and vs 2 players, for me this is an insta fold without even thinking.

BUT..... No information is available. Maybe you had none, but: Players in the hand, any reads on them? Is it an MTT or an STT? (not that it would matter much, fold....)

You really want to risk over 1/2 your stack on what is probably a coin flip at best?

Now I will read replies, maybe you answered some of these already.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That’s a fold for me too many players involved and a weak kicker.