Results Don't Matter - Short Term that is

C

cyvender

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm playing and unsure about something, I have to constantly remind myself that the results play little or no role in determining if the decision was correct or not, but it's so natural, I bluff, it works... I say good play and pat myself on the back, but no, it you weren't sure before, the fact that it worked makes no difference, it could have been a terrible play that happened to have worked out.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When I'm playing and unsure about something, I have to constantly remind myself that the results play little or no role in determining if the decision was correct or not, but it's so natural, I bluff, it works... I say good play and pat myself on the back, but no, it you weren't sure before, the fact that it worked makes no difference, it could have been a terrible play that happened to have worked out.

Ouch - the faint text is hard to read.
Results matter. Period. Short term. Long term. You should take the 30 Day Cardschat course. On Day 5 the discussion tells you that results matter - because you are making a calculated decision that you will win a hand a certain percent of the time. You have to understand why that is important in order to have long term success.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The results are always important. If you are a patient and disciplined player, then in the long run you will succeed.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you if you plan on taking poker seriously, and treating it like a career, if that's possible these days. Early success in poker can give a false sense of confidence, which makes you feel like you're better and smarter than you are. Within this context, I think that results should be examined over a longer period of time, at least one week, probably one month.