CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ever feel the need to self exclude?

I recently came to a realisation that I should take a break for a month or so, seem to get overwhelmed with decision making and going tilt way more than usual.
I will miss the experience but I believe it is best to come into this game with a clear head.
Anyone got any stories about the time you self excluded?

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If there is one word that defines success (or failure) in Poker, that word is:
Discipline!
You must be disciplined with the amount of money you invest no Poker.
You must have discipline when managing your bankroll.
And you must have discipline when you are ''sitting'' at the table and receiving your cards.

Today I play with the following rule: monthly deposit quota. Did I deposit and run out of money? I don't deposit again until next month. Until then, I only play freerolls. I do not use those tools in the rooms that restrict your deposits to an amount established in advance by you. I think that if I don't learn to be disciplined enough to hold back on deposits, I won't be disciplined in managing my bankroll or playing.
So look at it as a forge in which you will be shaping your discipline (for the game and for life)
My start in Poker was very difficult. I put money I couldn't afford and suffered the consequences. But everything in our lives is a forge and going through it made me more disciplined.
I hope you can too.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
truth

I also sometimes go a long time without playing to cool down and then study a little more to improve..

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing wrong with taking a break. Sometimes helps to break a bad losing spell.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, sometimes the mind is hard to regain peace without a long pause, I think one month of break is enough for most people.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Taking a break from the game is never a mistake. Ideally, do theory at the end of the break.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a break better than give up.

Poker should not be a pressure of life.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Discipline and patience is so important. You should be very responsible with your bankroll and mental in this game and yes do so take breaks it helps very well.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment I try to play only 3 days a week, that is, I take myself out of the game to recover.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes I take breaks for 1-2 weeks, but this is solely my decision. I'm a disciplined player, I don't lose money, I follow bankroll management and poker in general is a hobby for me. However, I have good results and my bankroll is growing.

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Had a similar situation. I took a break for a few months and especially at the beginning of the break it was really hard. After a while I was motivated to study the game again and when I felt that I wanted to put what I had learned into practice, I went back with different motivation than when I left.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I only took a break on poker to dedicate to my professional life, but never to clear my head on downswings or tilt time.