Respect for other players?

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
idk bout some but i just wondered if people respected other players that are playing at the same table as you? or are they just a player that you have no care in the world for except for taking their chips?

its just strange how poker can make you become so much more aware about how you are as a human? though from other people around you , you can just be a robot glued to a device screen thinking up ways to out do your opponents.

hope this post isnt too boring or off topicish

but for me its still part of the journey of self-discovery in order to help me grow as a person aswell as build character as a player

#This_runs_deep ;lolol

peace out and good luck at the tables all.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! Of course, respect is the main quality, the players at the tables to each other as well as kindness and a little humor, but it already tastes! By the way was talking about Negreanu in a departure from the meaning! Although it is unlikely that people behave at a table like that in my life! Rather, who behaves sternly at the table, he may be good-natured man in my life, and generally Ballycastle poker players are more loyal in life and good! But Poker Face are able to do, and confuse as the main fundamental in Poker is to confuse the opponent and win as much money or take first place in the tournament! Fold is an honest deception! And who knows how to play that is worthy of respect and who wins a large sum or cleared ground but it also has staatsexamina respect! All good! Thank you!

A

abyk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Especially in live games, but in online poker you should still respect them. It's just different as you can't see the person and you have no idea who they are or what kind of person they are.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I do respect people no matter what ,it doesn't mean anything that I can't see them as a online player .

C

CJWilliam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I follow the golden rule: Treat others like you wanted to be treated. I don't berate others, I show everyone respect. In online play I hardly ever chat, unless someone I know at the tables says hi

LanaRhoades

LanaRhoades

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I respect everybody on the tables.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online you play with virtually unknown players. You do not know anything about the players and therefore play the machine. I treat everyone equally.

zekubiki

zekubiki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is just a game, so you need to be calm and respect to other players.

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Insane this is even a question, much less a thread. You have to respect players at the table . Post-Moneymaker Boom how many fish have been ran off due to disrespect, needling, and berated for sucking out. How many Rec players you know who started in 2003 are still playing? None of the guys I was in games with back then play. They have all been turned off the game.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well in my opinion respect is earned and not given. If you are being respectful and courteous at the tables I extend the same to you but if you are being a jerk at the tables I will not only return it but I won't let up! Treat others as you wish to be treated!:D:D

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Respecting other players & doing your best to separate them from their chips are not mutually exclusive. In online poker your best off respecting their potential ability to take your chips. As stated above, you mostly have no idea who or what your competing against anyway.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is game and competition so i respect the other players. Yes we all play to earn some money and be better than the other players but if you behave like normal person and not like jackass you will also get the same from me. :)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I believe that all adequate players have to respect each other. Due to this respect, the game is always at a higher level. Sometimes I encounter players who offend others, but I usually do not pay attention to their offensive words.
Good luck.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I do not know the players. all I see looking at them is the stack of chips he has and the way he will use to take their money. on the other hand when I know the players and that I play regularly against them. I feel less satisfaction when I win and more empathy towards them when they lose. Poker is an activity where you have to avoid taking into account your emotions and especially of his ego.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I respect the other players but now and again you do get the idiot who just wants to argue.:):):)

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that in any thing you do that involves someone else there should be a level of respect involved. In the case of poker, for me the respect comes from us all being poker players respecting each other as such and respecting the game itself.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't respect at all those who insult or throw things (888) at other players.

I respect ALL others even if they play poorly because everyone here has been a beginner at some point.

T

TanaT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Respect should be. In the end, we are all teams. The difference is that we take money from others. We go by ourselves.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Respect is a main quality be live or online, even those that dont respect me I try to respect.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
surely respect for other players is fundamental for those who intend to get far in poker.Rembrando that respecting a player is not to relieve the move for him or to be less incisive in the game

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I got a mental illness. Sometimes I read what the players name says and I misfire on what they meant. I also hate the slow players. They getting thier butt kicked fair and square and they change thier game. Just to make you sleep. Pathetic. Then there some hero worship when they play characters. Why do they go there. It kind of a done deal with GOD. It knows who its suppose to trust and the rest are lucky. Like you can get in GODS way and lose the rain. For one you wanna pick people. For two I don't think you show compassion to the enemies that win.

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rarely in poker, you can show respect to your opponent without causing damage to yourself. But often in the satellites you can find a manifestation of nobility and respect, for example, when a large stack throws off chips to a short stack and thus allows the opponent to go further.

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I just respect anyone at the table as long as I get the same amount of respect back. Not that it will influence my play, but I prefer to have a calm and semi-talkative table over someone making rude remarks and poking fun at bad run outs acting a fool during a hand they are not even involved with.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Sometimes is difficult and even more when they play fishy hands and win.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I treat well if you treat me well, I made friends at the tables live and online.

friendship is one thing and the game another, whenever you play with respect you can make friends