Respect For the Opposing Player

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have seen in tournaments the lack of respect for the opposing player, players cursing the other, speaking badly of the adversary's family, in my opinion these players should be banned from all poker tournaments. what do you think?.

Abramo Della Luce

Abramo Della Luce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't care to much for that, it actually expands my vocabulary.
I have learned some Russian words already even :p

max entropy

max entropy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The lack of respect is an everyday situation to all means of society.We learn to live on.Calmness is always the winner.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen in tournaments the lack of respect for the opposing player, players cursing the other, speaking badly of the adversary's family, in my opinion these players should be banned from all poker tournaments. what do you think?.

Very often this is an opponent's strategy to get you out of control and take your bankroll, but can not be banned, can only warn about poker ethics. My advice to you is to ignore them and then they will cease to behave like this!

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost agree with you, banned from tournament it looks nice)) but it is impossible.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some players use this approach (needling) to get under their opponents skin and in their head to get them to tilt , it can become offensive but that is their strategy .

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The lack of respect is an everyday situation to all means of society.We learn to live on.Calmness is always the winner.

Exactly. People are jerks everywhere. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a punishment at the table but....people should also learn how to deal with jerks. It's a part of everyday life anyway so it's a good life lesson - not just for the tables.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The punishment should be,but what?! Respect for other players is certainly a plus for all...

M

matenq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've found that players often offend the others, even if I say: be calm

I always try to treat the other resektvoll. Then it is easier for me to imagine that the others might have a strong hand.

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen those types of players and it is quite annoying. I think they are trying to make people mad so they play more aggressive than they usually do so with that said just ignore those people. I personally dont even look at the chat anymore because for me it has no purpose.

C

Christoff Andrianos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just don't mind about the behaviour of those ''mentally lower'' people than me!

K

Kevin Watts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good point. online poker rooms will be in the future will be taking chat out like unibet does. Attracting more recreational and new players will be the priority for many poker rooms.

DudePoker

DudePoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The trash talker only has as much power as you give him. It's not like real life where a bully can get in your face and take your lunch money. And you can always just turn your chat off, or mute the particular offender.

If people are trash talking me, I usually know I made a good play. Pride can lose you a lot of money in this game, so it's better to take pride in the fact that you're playing a game that catches your opponents attention.

Last edited:
SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think that insulting opponents is a manifestation of short-term negative emotions because of losing one of the opponents and malicious intent such statements do not carry, it's just not all players are well brought up and aggression can cause not only a bad game or bad luck in poker, but also some life situations , I myself faced this .. we are all living people ... Every normal player will eventually understand that the insults of other players do not change anything and are simply useless. So I wish all patience and self-control is much steeper than the primitive insults of opponents!
Well, to forbid the game to such guys-it's too radical a decision, I think so!

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Playing at these tables you will soon learn the whole vocabulary of Russian swear words.

Do not pay attention and play quietly.

You are right, but the "strong word" brings a request only to the Slavs, it is not recommended to use it for other peoples):)

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In live poker I agree ban them. Especially if they are not willing or able to change their behavior in the future. Most online poker rooms will not ban someone for being a jerk in the chat, they may warn them but an outright ban is rare for abusive chat.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know that it is impossible to ban this type of player, but the moderator of the tournament should prevent him from writing something offensive to his opponents.

macthemax

macthemax

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BE
Chips
I just don't mind, if they wanna act as children just let them

aslanvanacha

aslanvanacha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
accordingly you are right ☝️they must be banned, they destroy all players on the table [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35] i don't like play with such players ☝️☝️☝️☝️

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is the right decision. but not always

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not everyone can control themselves. It's incredibly difficult. So much disrespect to the opponent.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

That is only bad manners ,so its up to u whether to notice or not such people!I just skip it and play!!!