RECORD your game, what DO YOU think?

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm thinking of recording my sessions while playing, what do you guys think?
I believe this can improve my performance in self-critiques and questionings within the tables, focusing on decisions only for the spot present.
Does anyone do this?

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just started on twitch to do a micro stakes challenge because i get a little to bored if im just playing these days.So ye i find it adds a little more fun and enjoyment to my sessions and helps me concentrate. And it just gives poker sessions that little bit of a social element that it lacks. It's not for everyone but so far im enjoying it very much so id say give it a try and find out if it's for you. ;)

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can't hurt that's for sure. I'll write down the hands number while playing that might want to look at from hand history besides periodically running query for different types of hands. SOmething I've done for long time after reading post from this forum.

For me recording a tournament would be unnecessary. Probably wouldn't even watch it. Besides player notes and the above HH check, that's about as far with analysis I go any more.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't see why you shouldn't , at least try and see the results . to see if it's beter than analysing hand history , which will be probably the case . Watching the replay FastForward and stop it when you see a leak/a hand you played bad/\a hand you didn't played although you should have , etc , sounds interesting to me .
I don't do this , I use the sites' hand replayers to watch the hands before i close the client , but maybe I do it one day .

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what i like about holdem manager. I record all my games and later can review some hands which is very useful to learn and improve.

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything to analize the game is a way to improve it. You can do screenshots as well - there are just a few hands at each tournament which are really interesting.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for sharing you.

because it was something out of my comfort zone, I ended up recording only two sessions and felt a big difference in my game.
When talking instead of just thinking.

When we just think, we are often stimulated by other thoughts and so acting in the automatic subconsciously ... evaluating so, I believe that starting tomorrow I will start recording all the sessions.
only problem is that my computer is very slow hehehehe

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't do it myself, but if you think it would help by all means do it. If you do it please keep us updated on how it went!!

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It sounds like a good way to critique yourself for future situations. I know a lot of people livestream on Twitch and it's a nice way to gain a following for yourself, if the stakes you're playing are big enough to be worth watching.

V

vianna743

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon everyone.

Good question and I find it very valuable to have this material to analyze, for thought and evaluated my games and always when there is someone around to have to explain my play, I end up having a better result because I want to show my best understanding of poker and not going in weak hands. :top:

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best Move

Best move ive ever made in online poker is when i started recording my games about a couple of mnths ago.Results are staggering,straight away i was able to string a few wins together like never before,smoother play and less real bad beats(was ten extreme bad beats a day without a lie)lucky to see 1 or 2 average beats when im recording.its like ive been swimming against the tide for 6-7 years and finally the tide has turned,i dont feel like im wasting my time and am considering more study and hand analysis and so on for the first time since i started....seriously!simply because i feel like im getting a fairer run,and boy oh boy do they know how upset your mindset,especially that biggest site..i would love to....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...they know exactly lol...gl with that recording whatever the reason,let me know if you find the same please although i guess i dont really need a second opinion.gl gl.

X

XxDeckers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always do this, I think it's very fundamental for you to be evolving your game

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

You want to record your sessions because when you get to a situation you want to get to the percentages. They won't give you better odds. Mine is this big blind and they just call setting you up with a flop.

Top 10 Games